Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Peer Group Chat// Music & Mental Health// Thursday 4th August 2022// 7-8:30

The Peer Group Chat happening next Thursday, 4th August 2022 will be on the topic of 'Music & Mental Health'. 

TideisTurning_0-1658978691677.jpeg 

For ease of reference, the times across Australia are in the graphic and listed below; 

TideisTurning_1-1658978729938.png

Western Australia: 5pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 7pm 

For those new to Online Peer Group Chats, each chat session focus on a specific topic and is guided by peer workers with lived experience of mental health issues. Counsellors are in the background to make sure chats are as safe as possible for participants. It is a space for peers to share their story and experiences, and connect with those who are going through something similar. 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join an Online Peer Group, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts.  

You can join our Online Peer Group Chats every  Thursday from 7:00-8:30pm (AEST). 

Check out the FAQs page for more information.  

More on the Upcoming TopicFrom providing a means of connection, community, coping, creative expression, and being a soundtrack to accompany moments of our lives, music can be really important and powerful. Let’s come together to talk about the impact music can have on our mental health, and how we can use it as a tool to help. 

I'm going to tag a few people who may be interested. Feel free to spread the wordtag others & support this post for further reminders closer to 😊 @tonys @chibam @Bow @Flying_Hams @Appleblossom @Captain24 @Shaz51 @Jacques @Snowie @Oaktree @pinklollipop15 @petrichor    

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Peer Group Chat// Music & Mental Health// Thursday 4th August 2022// 7-8:30

Hi everyone! 

This is just a reminder that we have a Peer Group Chat happening tonight at 7pm AEST on Music and Mental Health. 

Please see the above post for more information 😊 

You can log in to access the chat tonight here. We hope to see you there! If you can't make it, you can always catch up reading the transcript afterwards here

@Snowie @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Flying_Hams @Adge @Teej @HenryX @Judi9877 @Faith-and-Hope @Lila3 @Gwynn @NatureLover 

i'll be out but i do hope it is a good one!

On that theme of music

I want to share this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaITbiA7OtA

Its a theme from a film I am yet to see. I love how mysterious it is. very cold war-esque

Our next Online Peer Group Chat on the topic of Music & Mental Health will be starting very soon! To join, head here. 

Tagging those who have interacted with this thread to receive a reminder + others online who may like to join 😊 @Snowie @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Bellarose75 @Bill16 @Bow @Captain24 @Determined @Eve7 @Jacques @Judi9877 @Scream58 @StuF @greenpea  

@Flying_Hams that is so cool!! Thanks so much for sharing with us! 😊🎧🎼

Sorry @TideisTurning , @Former-Member 

Too shaken up tonight to be involved,  sorry 

We were nearly involved in 2 accidents 

Oh no @Shaz51 - I'm so sorry to hear!

I hear you are shaken. Was this on the way to visit mum?

If you don't feel you want to discuss it, that's totally okay. I just want to make sure you feel supported and are both mentally and physically supported.

Waiting to hear from you,

tyme

Hello @tyme ❤

No on our way to our second job for the day  and this truck started to pass us and another car in front of us and with cars coming in the opposite direction 

He pulled in nearly pushing us off the highway and nearly smashing in to the car in front of us 

And then 5 minutes later he had to slam on his brakes so he didn't run over the car in front of us 

We were behind the truck 

Then we finally got to our second job and could not do it because there was no water or power 

Oh no..... @Shaz51 . My heart is racing just reading what you have written. I can only imagine how shaken you and Mr Shaz are.

Please rest up. I'll see you around on the forums, tyme

Thank you @tyme 

Was not sure writting this here would be OK ❤❤

The roads do not feel as "safe" as they were around here either @Shaz51 

Hope you both settle down alright.

Here is a share. A band I had never heard of Pollyanna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XSUkzTAc8M 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance