Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Planing a road cycle over the weekend.

Although have had to scale distance plans back due to being fatigued at the moment. Looking and forward to it though. Planned ride is mostly flat. Good to clear the head. 

Cycling is continuing to go well. 

Health benefits are starting to show in positive ways. Managing some social group rides which also has emotional health benefits. Adds some balance to my introverted antisocial personality. 

way to go @Determined , well done my friend 

@Former-Member, @Adge@JB70@Lilaca@Smc 

Cycling (and all manner of exercise actually) out the Windows for the past week having been quite sick. I think I have left the house twice in the past 10 days and exercise has amounted to less than 200 steps per day.  Feel a little more human this morning though and managed a lazy spin on the cycle trainer.

Screenshot_20210611-111252_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210618-164655_Gallery.jpg

Managed to get out on the road today for a ride (pedal power) for the first time in ages. Have done some light training on the indoor trainer but it has been painfully limited. 

So good to be back out on the road.

Have some catching up to do on the training front. Have a 120+ km charity ride coming up in less than 2 months and need to get some k's in to build endurance.

hello Carer`s 

self care is very important 

who does walking and cycling for self care 

@Determined@Adge@JB70@Lilaca@Amour_Et_Psyché@Kitten , @Former-Member , @TideisTurning@Ant7@bipolarbunny@soul@Judi9877@Burgundy86@Faith-and-Hope@Rosie93 

I've been an Intrepid Bushwalker, years ago @Shaz51 I used to do long Bushwalks - In Half the Time they said it would take (1/2 the Recommended time).

No Bushwalks recently, not a lot of walking (Sadly) - Even though I do enjoy walking.

It's Good exercise, & time in Nature (preferably).

I rely Primarily on Doing my 2 Yoga Classes per (each) Week.

Plus one Over 50's Fitness/ Aerobics Class each Week.

The Fitness Class is Done to Music - So I find that Motivating.

Adge

way to go @Adge with what you are doing Smiley Very Happy

my balance is getting worse now and with bushwalking i dont feel confident anymore 

soo my walking is only with the jobs we do 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance