Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

daisy202027
Casual Contributor

questions on own space

Hi

Was wondering when people live with parents or in a share house what are the clues and what do people experience to know that it may be time to move out and live on own? Will give a story if it helps yous work it out.

The reason or one of the reasons why past lockdowns are hard or if you have to isolate is because am at the stage in life of wanting own self contained space and the place that am living at isnt big enough or the yard isnt big enough to put something of your own there further from house and have privacy and space and the person that am living with which am ok at moment that owns the place that am living at probably wont trade up.

Also am unable to afford to do anything about it yet and am expecting it to be atleast 10 years away given prices of everything today and waiting until am able to buy own place.

What is able to be done for now so it feels like having your own house even though you dont really until you can do anything about it.

the only thing that am able to do or can think of which is cabins apartment and local mens shed may get shut down at anytime if there?s a shutdown or you have to isolate and you dont know when and for how long.

Plus would then be stuck with the other household members and am wanting own space and the yard is so small and cant spread out and cant do anything about it at moment as am waiting until am able to buy and it may be years away.

am at the milestone in life and am just trying to do the best with what have got until am able to get what am wanting even though its hard.

What would those tiny and small houses be like, would they be as good as a house to start off with.

not in a hurry to move out permantly just want something part time that wont have to close at any time.

most people would accept when it’s time and will rent if they have to but don’t want to go through all that when you are limited to what you can do to place and possibly having to move at anytime.

plus there’s problems for everyone at moment and if you watched 7news last night you’d know plus have got it good and feel lucky too.

what do you lot think has happened to the good old days where people waited their turn instead of wanting it all now.

1 REPLY 1

Re: questions on own space

Can you create a safe and comfortable place in your room @daisy202027 ? Get some things to style it, some paintings or something? Something that smells nice when you walk in? 

My daughter and I live with my folks…. Or more so they live with us…. I’ve created a safe place in my room, I am fortunate that it’s a large room, so I have room for a desk and other things. I also have a reed defuser near my door so that when I walk in and smell it I know that I’m in a safe and warm place. 

It’s hard when we want our own place but it’s not accessible for us at the moment. I dream of having my own place…. But at the moment it’s not really an option.

wishing you well

🎀

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance