Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flying_Hams
Community Guide

Ham's Gets A New Job

I have been saying on these forums for some time that I needed a new job because of all sorts of problems.

Well today I was offered a new one!

It all happened in the space of about 30mins. The person rang me up and told me about it, they were able to make some accomodations for part time and they also told me I will start in about 3 weeks from now - giving me time to prepare and leave my current role.

I guess once it is confirmed for sure I can speak specifically about my old job - was always worried about being identified.

I was working the courts department. It was a government role. I saw some interesting things, and it actually made me think of law as a career which I still haven't struck out as a potential career opportunity. 

I guess I am now at a stage where I can look back at where I've come with my job experience. I am onto something different now. It fits with my schedule. It's higher pay. I am also aware of the fact that it will end in Ocotber - so its a temp role I am moving to but it's worth it for the skills, experience and abilities I can work on. By October I will be keen for something else. 

Onwards and upwards I guess

But also, thanks for your support so far in my journey forumites. I really appreciate. I may throw a forum party thread lol

56 REPLIES 56

Re: Ham's Gets A New Job

Oh wow what fantastic news @Flying_Hams  you made me smile 🙂

congratulations, you have worked to get a new job and now look!!!

I am so happy for you xxxoo

so that's you and me with new jobs!!

Go us hey @BlueBay !!!!
How good is that?

We are scoring some goals !

THanks my friend. I submitted an application for this a while ago. It was a job I knew I could do while committing to other things at the same time so it's a good fit.

A season of change hey

Well done Hams @Flying_Hams  and nice work with links lol

@Flying_Hams  Ham a big congratulations! 😄 I hope it turns out to be everything you want. Love pea xxx

Aw damn mate that's fantastic news! Gives you a good three weeks to brew that big poo for your current workplace!

Even though it's currently temp, doesn't mean that it will stay that way or open up other doorways.

Very happy for you man, well done 👍

@saltandpepper
I must say i laughed when you said this "Gives you a good three weeks to brew that big poo for your current workplace!"

haha

Yes i agree - it will open up other doors and opportunities

Especially given it is a temp role for a number of months. Perfect chance to grow in other ways aye.

THanks for that my friend

onya @greenpea
my friend and thanks!
Yeah it isn't a direction I thought of initially, but it's something that will be a challenge and to build up on skills while I study and figure more things out.
It all counts in the end aye

thanks von @TAB
Yeah just making them as i go lol
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance