Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

justanotherguy
Senior Contributor

Like waves at the beach

So I've aired a lot of issues on these forums in the hope that somehow it will solve my problems, but alas, the problems seem to keep coming! I'm waiting for that magical moment in life when I will be 'fixed' and have no more problems! It's the kind of thinking I get presented with from loved ones, but it does not seem to live up to reality. I understand many people find comfort in medication, I found it difficult to take but also had a sense of not being aware of the world around me. So on my journey without medication I am trying to find coping strategies that will keep me healthy and sane. Lately I realised the problems in my life seem to come in waves, and it took me back to time at the beach. The waves are quite a different experience in our world, as most natural events on land can be very disruptive, but eventually end. But the thing with the waves is they seem to never end. When I was younger I could handle the problems of life quite easily (and probably got a false sense of security) but for 20 years the problems have totally swamped me, like somebody wading too far out to sea. Right now if I can focus on the problems not as something to endlessly 'overcome', but instead let them pass by, maybe they will not have so much power in my life. I guess it may be a question of how far into the ocean do I want to go?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Like waves at the beach

Hi @justanotherguy 

Thank you for reaching out here on the Forums!

I really resonate with the wave analogy which was introduced to me by my psychologist some time back. It comes a goes for me and I feel too that the waves never end and eventually I will get tumbled under the water. 

Keep striving towards that time in your life when everything with be fixed and keep your hope strong. Hope is another tool that was introduced to me in peer groups and I live in hope that I can move past these times.

You demonstrate your strengths by sharing your thoughts and experiences and please know that you are not alone.  

Slowly my life improves but the waves still come and I'm sitting with you in your thoughts today!

Take care

RiverSeal

Re: Like waves at the beach

Hi @RiverSeal , yes the waves keep coming! Thanks for your support, still trying to work out the best strategy to deal with them all.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance