Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Made to feel silly for trying to prevent worsening symptoms

@maddison 

Will the social worker be able to put a few things in place?

Not totally buying into 'the shortages' theme though.

They have had 40 years to put in place better community supports, that would have been less expensive than goin with the medical model.  Now the whinging about it being a stressed system is falling on my deaf ears, while I still try and be polite about it all ... as needed ... wear weary sigh..

At the court yesterday there were 5 staff at the general enquiries desk but I was the only one in the queue.  Maybe they were doing other work but I doubt they were that busy.

My own session with pdoc seemed to go well, seems he respects me. I am old enough to have some financial security so the $55 gap fee is not as big an issue as it used to be.

I just worked inside from gardening out in my court and a newish neighbour ridiculed my son saying he is crazier than I.  

So thats how it goes .... 

I'm sorry you had to go through that with neighbour @Appleblossom  💕💕 hang in there👍

Thanks @maddison Spoke about it to physio too, but teared up as realising how overly inclusive I used to be, and that I need to keep conscious that the world is full of all types and only some of them are good.

It is actually a new thing for me to be able to express myself in real time and receive supportive responses like yours. I just used to absorb stuff but somehow the circuit was broken and nothing came out of my mouth.  Since joining the forum, I have learned to express myself my natural goto ... typing and writing .... and then last couple of years adding verbal expression.  Getting more support than ever. So I coped before, and I will cope now, but it made me sad for a couple days.

Son has gone out with a friend which is good.

Hey @Appleblossom 

Thankyou for sharing. It touched my heart that you shared with me in personal way. I feel like I know what you mean too about having a place to express yourself. How long have you been using forums?

I had been reflecting on what you wrote last night. I felt like you had been hurt by what neighbour said (and you have every right to be) I think we shared a week of disappointments with health care etc. Maybe it felt like the icing on the cake. I have been through moments like this - and it does effect me for couple of days. Sometimes I question of I am 'too kind' & how the less kind people of the world may view me as some type of doormat. At least for me, in this moment, it is a choice. I don't want to become hard & bitter, no matter how the world sees me!

I hear you, that you felt heartbroken with the realisation that you remembered a time you felt different about the world. We all become more cynical I think.

It's sad but true, there are bad people in the world. They hurt us. I am slowly learning, & I'm not sure I'm successful yet, to see people for who they are & not a reflection on me.

Good you have some peace & quiet tonight! ☺️

Not sure if you like this, I used to really get into Jewell in my late teens!

https://youtu.be/Xr9Ui2wvwjU

@maddison 

Thank you very much for the conversation.

Never heard of her ... will look her up.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance