Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Dogs Rock ๐Ÿ˜†

images (15).jpeg

Ha ha and Henry and Rose  are totally loving it @Former-Member , @Anastasia ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃโคโค๐Ÿ‘‹โ˜•โ˜•:ok_hand:๐Ÿ‘

Former-Member
Not applicable

7539607-Mental-Health-Support-Card-Funny-Dog-Card-0.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

images (25).jpeg

I have a 13 year old King Charles Cavalier Cross that I have had since she was 8 weeks old. She is slowing down now but still has lots of pep. I'm the Robin to her Batman. I sneak her on the train and on the bus and sometimes to the shops. I have this awesome backpack/carry case that also has wheels for when she can't walk anymore. I just throw a shirt over it and it looks like luggage. She loves it. She is the light of my life and my Daughter. Now she is getting older she is starting to have health complaints but I"m on top of her medication regime and as long as there is fresh chicken in the fridge and the odd treat. there is always a wag in her tail and a smile - yes she smiles - across her beautiful face. My Angel!

Hello @EleanorRigby 

Welcome to the forums. Your fur baby daughter sounds just adorable. I love that you found a way to take her everywhere with you ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿถ Dogs are the best aren't they ๐Ÿ™‚

What brings you to the forums? I can tag you into some other threads that might interest you if you like?

Are you a Beetles fan? I love music, I feel like it's for the soul ๐Ÿ™

Lovely to meet you @EleanorRigby 

Hello to @Determined @Shaz51 @Emelia8 and all our fur baby friends here ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿพ

Hi Dogs Rock,

I have an idea that I let slide for a while but want to revisit. I want to make it easier for more Animals that is Companion Animals to be covered by the Anti Discrimination Act. Only Guide Dogs and Mind Dogs are. My 13 year old Cavalier is not going to learn to pee on command now and she would not pass all the behavioural aspects of the test however my proposal is if the dog is in an enclosed case in public, there is no need for them to undergo the behavioural testing. They could just be registered as companions. That way if I want to apply to rent a unit, I don't have to worry about looking for pet friendly apartments. I could legally take her with me on Public Transport etc. There are so many animals that are surrundered at shelters because companion animals are just a thing there not recognised by law. The Irony is the Charities don't want a bar of it. They got really poopy with me for suggesting it as they are worried they will lose money but they fail to see they would make money in the long run. Feedback is very welcome and appreciated.

Hi @EleanorRigby and welcome to the Sane forums.  Your little Cavalier sounds just gorgeous.  And I agree with you about companion animals.  There is another thread on the forums which I will direct you to. It may be more applicable to what you are discussing here.  Take a look at this one, and feel free to contribute as you choose.  Just click on the link and it will take you to a "Pets as therapy" thread.

https://saneforums.org/t5/Looking-after-ourselves/Pets-as-therapy-and-for-our-wellbeing/td-p/114231

Hi to all the dog lovers around, of whom I know there are many.  Thanks for the tag @Anastasia ... hope your Buddy is doing well.  Really miss @Former-Member  who used to post every day to this thread.  Maybe I should look for a good pic to post here too.

Emelia ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ•โ€๐Ÿฆบ๐Ÿฉ

FB_IMG_1626199196350.jpg

FB_IMG_1626278999218.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance