Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

ChocMint
Contributor

I've finally washed my dog!

Feels kinda dumb to be saying & to feel happy about it, but I've finally had enough energy & patience to wash my water hating dog.

He was a super duper good boy, and is now all spiffy & clean.

I know everyone here will understand when I say this- I've been meaning to wash him for 6 months.

Also, watching "The Listener" on Amazon Prime, the kind of show I can pay small amounts of attention to, while I do a bunch of other things lol

9 REPLIES 9

Re: I've finally washed my dog!

Huge cause for celebration @ChocMint!!! 🙌

Gotta love that feeling of accomplishment when you finally do something you've been putting off 🤗 (I know the feeling well!)

Thanks @Peregrinefalcon it does feel good, I bet he feels good too, a nice warm bath, followed by a 3 x towel snuggle/rub down, now he's dry & snuggling me.

I love the little dude, coming home to an excited pupper is so good, now he's clean & he will have less skin irritations too. He's a Staffy with food and skin allergies. So I've been doing "in between cleans" with his face washers lol

Great post @ChocMint 

Celebrating these seemingly small accomplishments is the best! Well done you.

I also couldn't resist reading a dog post. I don't have a dog, I adore them tho. I can imagine the clean happiness you are both enjoying now.

Nice to hear too that he was good during the process.

Good work.

Hi @ChocMint,

Can I just say I really like this post! Celebrating all our achievements, small, medium, big or huge is one of the things that makes our forums great! 

Totally understand why you would be so happy that you washed your boy! Hope he's enjoying being squeaky clean 🐶🛁🙂.

Hope you have a great day ahead.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

Hi @ChocMint 

This definitely calls for a celebration! I totally need to wash my big water-hating bulldog. She stinks to high heaven lol. But she is so big and so hard to get near a bath. She has a little plastic pool that she cools down in during summertime so maybe I should just wait for a sunny day and put some doggy shampoo in that - a bath disguised as a swim. Knowing her she'll sniff out the soap and keep away haha. I use the dry doggy shampoo on her but it is just not cutting it at the moment. 

Yay again for you!!!

Hanami 💮

@hanami  what about adding some boiling water to take the chill off the outside bath thingy?

I like your idea though, I'll try that in summer too !

Oooh good idea! She absolutely loves her pool. It really cools her belly down. I'm going to have to find a photo of her in it to show you lol.

Hi @ChocMint ! Glad you washed your dog! Any achievement is an achievement!

Thanks everyone, it's easy to forget how smooth & silky he is after a bath, makes my afternoon snuggles so much nicer too 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance