Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

Ohhh @justcoz , lovely to hear from you 

There is lots of threads that you can just say hello is here

Also Night Shift to click on to 

And Good Morning is a great social threads xx

Hi @justcoz ,

I think you have indirectly already done so!

Hi! Nice to e-meet you!

You can also say hi at:

Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂 

Good Morning 

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ? 

Daily Achievements! 

The Weekly Friday Feast 

So have a cuppa, thought i would share a quite funny experience i had this week.

So i am trolling ytube and see a thing about Billy Joel (I like him).

I see that he is coming to Australia , so I go looking to find info about concert , yep found in Melbourne in December . So for half an hour i was going ,was going to get the best seat . worked out i would have to drive , yep not a problem , I love driving, Was all good until my head kicked in , then it went down hill from there. Did not take long till I wasnt going but i did have a giggle as for half an hour i was on top of the world I can do this! ( whats funny is I have severe anxiety and have trouble checking my mail...lol)

Hello @Patchworks 

Hi @justcoz 

Concerts=crowds=higher anxiety for some of us unfortunately. I love Billy Joel too, so talented on the piano. I learned some of his songs on the piano in my younger days.

Hi @Shaz51 I'm going alright, varying levels of anxiety this week though. I see a new pdoc this week as well so hoping that goes well. 

Hello everyone else 🙂

Hiya @Captain24 

Just read your post in the worry room thread and thought I'd give you a shout out to share a cuppa...

I'm feeling isolated and lonely too and would appreciate the company if you want to sit together a while.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

@Bow @tyme @Shaz51 wasnt sure who to ask for tech help.  in the hope that you might pass this on, here is my issue.   i replied to a very nice letter from @maddison . i spent a lot of time on it. was nearly at the end when a message appeared.... authentication failed.  authentication mismatch..   i tried to find the letter, it was gone.  may i add that this has happened to many times.  if  my hands were not in such a poor state i wouldnt mind so much.   its slowly making the joy of communication into a anxious and frustrating experience.  what im hopping for is not someones thoughts on this but a proper technical explanation from the right person who knows why this happens. try to immagine your letters just disappearing suddenly and the impact that that may have on some fragile minds.  sorry to be so forthright but i need to know.  may i add please dont reply unless you are not certain.    the letter i sent finished with  'a cat and rabbit asleep in a basket'.  where did that letter go!..   yours in good faith tonys.

Hey @tonys maddison here. I love that you sent me a letter, although it failed. Merely the cat & rabbit asleep in the basket, made me giggle & is the cutest image.

You have every right to be angry & frustrated, that you keep getting these authentication failed messages.

I understand you would like tech support to possibly extend the amount of time before the site 'times out' on you @moderator 

I agree with you. It is not a user friendly system esp. for people with disabilities. And I can totally sympathise with the complete frustration this would cause.

I of course would like you to remain a member on SANE, but I don't want it to 'do your head in.'

Will you consider talking to the ladies at the library & try to learn copy & paste.... For you...& Me? 

That is, if SANE tech people refuse to assist.

I know it's annoying, & inane. Did you check your drafts folder? Hopefully, it might have saved before timing out.

Thankyou for my wonderful letter @tonys I'm happy for the thought of it.

I have a cat on each side of me, as I sit on the bed writing to you. Sometimes they snore.

@tonys 

Alternatively I had another idea now. 

Instead of writing the whole letter before posting...

@tonys 

What if you tried pressing post after each new idea, or paragraph?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance