Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

Hi @Steven78 ,

Many people have tried. I have sent you an email because I believe there is a misunderstanding. Members are NOT permitted to exchange contact details via the forums. These forums are to build connection in an anonymous way through the forums.

That is why people have simply tagged and texted you, asking you questions - and you responded you do not feel comfortable sharing.

Hope that makes sense.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

tyme

Hi @tyme 

You know I love talking to you! & Sharing a cuppa. I had a nap & only woke up now! Hope you are having great night xx please don't feel like you have to reply, unless you want to - I'm about to eat.

Hi @Steven78 

I'm maddison. Thought I might say hi. Sorry I am not caught up fully in the conversation. Sounds like maybe you are going through feelings of being rejected by others. It's ok. You're not alone! Well done, taking the initiative to reach out here. It's a great step!

Hi @Captain24 Hi @Shaz51 the beautiful! Hope you have lovely night & good restful sleep. maddison 

Hi.. I've been emailed by the forum and had it explained to me that it is not within their guidelines to be able to talk .

That is unfortunate but it's their rules .. as for my isolation,it doesn't matter. It is extremely dehumanizing but that's life .

Hi @Steven78 

You have made the effort to reach out here. That is a positive step.

Wow... Isolation is a really tough one. I think the term, "dehumanising", captures the experience very well.

We are all alone in some ways. It is brave to acknowledge it.

Kind regards,

maddison 

It hasn't been a positive step for me at all. It's been the opposite of that.

And being told there is no way to connect is the ultimate.

Yes I tried , unfortunately not to be. So I have no alternatives.

I understand you are feeling defeated @Steven78 I believe any action we take to overcome our difficulties is positive, regardless of the outcomes.... Yes... You tried.

Consider that connection is subjective.

time spent alone, is still time spent with the world 

Perhaps writing messages on a forum is not ultimately what you are looking for... That's ok too. There are so many beautiful here, you are correct, it doesn't suit everyone.

I believe you might be looking for inclusion & acceptance. Would that be accurate?

I also sense that you are finding it difficult to believe in the possibility of securing the things you want. If so, do you think it's plausible that this could be acting as a block?

It's a kind of magic when we change our thoughts, the world changes around us. Maybe you are not ready yet.

If you ever feel in the right state of mind to experiment with the magic of life, here is a very simple tool I can offer you.

Think of 3 things that when well for you today.

I realise it might be very difficult. Keep it in the back of your mind. Maybe one day you will dare to attempt it!

Kind regards, maddison 

I wish it were merely a mindset but after years of trying I can guarantee it isn't.

Proof of that would be this situation.

At this stage I just want the pain to end. Ultimately it's the only thing I have any control over !!

@tyme thanks i guess but what on earth does that huge long code that starts with https/ and finishes with  m297362 mean. it means nothing to me......  your cats in basket letter arrived takes quicker to say and is more helpful to a simple minded sod buster like me..  i do get that this is Macdonalds,  its busy and and you dont need complaints about a missing pickle in a burger.   may i suggest that you just answer the question about why do i keep getting the authentication invalid  in bright orange across my screen,  so i can then decide on a course of action.  its not about fault.  it could just be that my service provider has trouble interfacing with your computor ,, "i just made that up"  but there must be an explanation..    please keep explanation as simple as poss if you do find one.   cant do cut paste till i find some one to show me   thanks for your ear...      from not stressed just curious ,....  tonys moon base one.      

@maddison   hi maddison .. sorry,  i only get on to the laptop midnight lately...    to  many hungry mouths to feed, long hours in the shed picking packing,  so i just saw your basket of helpful tips.  can you tell me , did you get a letter that had about a dozen lines and finished with cat and rabbit in a basket  if it did go, there is a paragraph missing  and my usual fair well,   half letter arriving can some times be worse than none at all . it talked about gone with the wind and autism  and finnished with shells on the beach..    if you can give me this feedback it would be very helpful..  im working the problem this end but still awaiting a logical explanation from sane about why it happens....   like you,  i like to dream a little when i write and thinking about time limits and tech stuff lifts me out of the dream,  so im going to keep asking them till they provide precise explanation ..  anyway thankyou Virginia maddison..  i can tell you are a caring person with depth,  i will get there .  learning takes time..  i have a t v that 40+ years old.  analogue signal works well in these mountains, better than digital. the remote died,  i use a long stick , but its as reliable as my cattle dog and my old landcruiser, .. theres a message in that for all.   im going out to light some stars in the sky for you, and hope they put a little extra twinkle in your eye.   tonys at moon base one. 

@maddison   oh  maddison,,   i forgot to say,,    no need to worry,  whilst i do get disappointed, i never get angry or overly frustrated,   i get on a path where i just have to know why some thing happens or how something works but my brain is not really wired for anger thank goodness.   im used to people redirecting me when i ask questions... i just direct them back .   one day i either hear a explanation, i learn, and ask more questions... or the person says,  im sorry... we just dont no why, the best move then is to move on. and return to dreamland..  no biggy...   give those cats a big hug from tonys at moon base one

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance