Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Sara5
New Contributor

Away from kids

Hi

I am new to this forum. I have recently returned from overseas.i have been away for Australia for 16 years. I had to leave the country i was in due to domesticviolence. I have seven kids. I had to leave them all behind. I tried very hard to make it all work but it didnt work. I have not seen them since May. I came to Australia on emergency passport. My husband does not let the kids talk to me. And when they do all they say is that we dont want to talk and that you left us. They are all young. The youngest being 4. I want to legally seperate him but i cant as my family here is worried that if send him a notice he will not let the kids talk.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Away from kids

Dear @Sara5 ,

Thank you for connecting with us on the forums. I hear things are very difficult for you.

Am I right to say you have family members to support you at this time?

Have you been able to reach out to services in Australia who can support you with what you are going through?

A good place to start is:

1800RESPECT:1800 737 732

There are also services in specific states.

Please know, NO one deserves to be a victim of domestic violence. You deserve to be supported at this time. I hope others on the forums will be able to share their experiences with you.

Kindest, 

tyme

@Sara5 

Welcome to the forum. Hope it helps you get through these difficult times. It makes sense you might need a range of supports, and I found the foru.ms help me imagine what a better supported life could look like, which I then set about making happen.

Seven chidren.

You must have been through a lot.  It is extra hard when the children are influenced not to talk to their mother.

Hear to listen, walk along, or share if you need.

Apple

Hi @Sara5 and welcome to the forums.

Gosh what a challenging situation for you. I can only imagine how difficult it is for you not to have your kids with you and for them to be with the person who was abusing you. 

Reach out here whenever you need to. You may like to have a look at our social spaces and join some conversations there.

Take care and looking forward to seeing you around.

Hanami

Similar situation here, @Sara5. I can't advise but hope that you are soon able to come to some sort of suitable arrangement with your children. You must miss them all very much. I'm sure that like me, you made the best decision you could for them. Parental alienation should be regarded as a crime. I send my best wishes to you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance