Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

horsecrazy4eva
Casual Contributor

Failure yet again

I have ADHD, on top of depression and anxiety and chronic pain… 

This makes things difficult… too dehydrated to cry any more tears 

it isn’t fair yet again failure 

As part of gaining my qualifications I have to do work experience 

twice now failed them 

so angry so upset so down… it’s simply not fair 

all I try to do is help and that’s what gets me every time 

I know it’s my ADHD that does this it stops me thinking things through 

this stupid ADHD 

3 REPLIES 3
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Failure yet again

Hi there .

I don't suffer from ADHD but I do have chronic pain which stops mr achieving the things I want to do.

Don't beat yourself up at not completing things.Its not failure its just another step closer to winning.

Anyone that tells you they have never failed at something is a liar.

We all have things we are good at and bad at .you just need to keep searching for things your good at.

And if your instructors are not helping you adequately well its their fault your not passing .

Try and keep your chin up and don't stop trying 

Hey @horsecrazy4eva I hear you and I understand what that feels like. Thanks for reaching out. What sort of things do you do to manage your ADHD? 

I'm wondering if this thread would be helpful? There's also this one

We're here for you 🌷

Hey there @horsecrazy4eva wow, we have very similar experiences and I feel like this could have been written by me just a few years ago ❤️ 

I have ADHD, anxiety and chronic pain too! So I deeply feel what you're going through right now. Before I was diagnosed, I would literally forget about job interviews, I struggled to understand and read documents for my induction and wouldn't be able to sense the start of chronic pain episodes. All because of that, at more, because of my ADHD. It can really feel all-encompassing. And it took a long time, but I feel like over the last 6 months, I've started to get it under control. So I know it's hard, but I know this will start to pass ❤️

No back to you, I'm so sorry that you feel like you've failed when all you want to do is help. That is such a hard feeling to sit with. What happened? 

It's also clear that you care about your study and you've made it this far! I wonder if it could help to reflect on strategies which are working well for you with study and work experience? 

Is there anything you usually do when you need to relax or wind-down now that could be useful? I find a fixation of mine usually helps (right now it's playing a video game or knitting)

BIGGEST of hugs,

TuxedoCat

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance