Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Had enough

I believe in what they do and that it works but I havent had great experiences

Me too to both your posts.

@ArraDreaming 

I had to keep going cos it was the best option in limited options.  

I also have various study in the field and believed in "the process".

In the end I have come down on the opinion that they need to lift their game to be worth their money from the individual and the govt. I have worked in professional, state and private company and sole trader positions.  Just not impressed despite all my years of trust and commitment.  

When I see someone talk online about the failures due to patients not putting in the work ... I see red. Some dont. Some do.

I have had a 3 year holiday from them and been looking on the net for useful ideas.  Yet being pushed to go to a new counsellor myself ... will see how it all unfolds ...

best luck with family and LIFE ...

Apple

@Appleblossom Yeah I’ve had big issues with a particular organisation that was meant to help me instead left me in the lurch with nothing, not to mention another place that told me the person I was seeing was a psych but they weren’t fully qualified and they were pretty much an intern. That would have been good to know hey? 

oh well hope this one is good 

I think it is fair if they say upfront they are interns and do not charge ... but not to use people as guinea pigs and be overpaid for the privilege

@ArraDreaming Hope you hit a good one.  To "believe" in the process means you have  a deep optimism in a way.

Yeah @Appleblossom I used all my sessions on them for that year, not something I realised happened until years later. Anyway. 
Some have been helpful in different ways for me, my partner works in the sector (with much littlier people than me) so she pretty much pushed me out the door this afternoon to go to this appointment 

All in all I’m kinda glad I went even though I don’t like being forced to open myself up like that. Also I’m starting from the very start and the reason for that is I want to tell my story how I see it, when I first contacted services I was very young and had a long people speaking on my behalf and all of that information and things just carried over from each place I went to, felt like I was being bound by what people thought of me when I was 16. Even though things are different now. So I decided I’m not going to let the people who tried to tell my story for me when I was a kid dictate this I’m not the same person I was back then, I’m an adult now and things are different, I want to talk about different things 

That sounds wonderful @ArraDreaming 

Having govt interventions before adulthood can complicate things a lot. Well meaning maybe but so often stuff lost in translation.

Claiming my own vocal space and speaking for myself is pretty much what got me through.  Before then I was often silent, hesitant and lost for words.  Being clear about that as your "process" or intention sounds very grounded and therapeutic to me.  Go YOU!

Have you read about Narrative therapy ... 

Thanks! Yeah taking back control a bit

nah I haven’t heard of that 

And also @Appleblossom the way I like to tell things I’d very different to back then

eRe: Had enough

One thing that has been helpful in understanding the social realities for me and get closer to the truth of lotsa stuff ... has been accessing files.  Before they got an al in redacting them. @ArraDreaming 

Have you seen the Dadirri or Wayapa Wurrk stuff online?

Narrative therapy ... can be a way to find your own authentic voice ... anyways thats the way I followed it.

Re: eRe: Had enough

No I haven’t heard but I will check it out @Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance