Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

PeppyPatti
Senior Contributor

Helpless

G'day, it's been years since I wrote to you all it's nice to be back.

I've got this boiling nagging pain in myself and I'm wondering if I can write about it. 

Several years ago, I used to write about my youngest son who was very ill but he recovered and he got in with life. He had a growing brain tumour........it stopped growing and he moved out of home, we got along very well and all of a sudden we didn't and I haven't seen him for 2 years. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Helpless

I’m so so so sorry that you are going through this kind of pain, it must be so hard and horrible to try deal with and manage everyday 😞 I honestly pray that he will 1 day contact you and want to spend time with you. How hurtful 

It isn't very good and thank you for your reply. ....... I don't understand it.

This is why I thought someone might steer me in the right direction. I remember how much strength I got from Sane Forums. 

After many years of Psychotherapy: I have gotten strong enough to tell my oldest brother that I acknowledge that my family were all laughing at me for years when I was hit by a car at 15 years old:

by getting together and just listening to my Mum who would pretend to act loony like I was in a mental hospital after a car hit me by a car.  I was emotionally and financially left out of my family for years.  My Mum got in my two son's ears and my Psychotherapist tells me it's because of what Mum tells my sons about me.

I'm 55 years old! My youngest son answered my text about two weeks ago and he tells me that he doesn't like my partner that wrote him a text telling him how much I miss him.

It's been two years. My three brothers have sort of tried to get close to me but there's this thing that I cannot say too much. They are all just holding a rope to keep their own psychic selves above water about their own trauma. 

I'm the best I have ever been though. My Step Dad bullied me out of my home years ago with Mum's help 

But: 

I'm living in a wonderful and safe "Department of Housing home. ( public housing)

I am very loved by my partner

I have a wonderful NDIS package. 

I talk to my oldest son who lives in another state and he loves me. 

Coming from a mothers prospective I know you would be hurting as a mum we love our children no matter what, well some mums. You have done such a beautiful thing reaching out and telling him you miss him because that will now give him the time to think. I pray and honestly pay that you receive a text message back saying he misses you too, i guess it’s just a waiting game now and again I’m so so so sorry you gotta go though it, my heart breaks for you darl it really does. You have made a positive turn around and that’s hard to do especially after reading that little bit you have just written like how dam hard, and here you are today moving on and still living. You are such an inspiration to many women and men and everyone else out there going through this kind of stuff and I just hope you get the right answers and the best reply from your son 💕  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance