Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Hopeless - How to communicate with an emotionally unavailable wife?

I hope today gets better for you. It sounds challenging, but we are here to sit with you @Tayla3 . You have been so strong to reach out even in the hardest of times.

If you feel you need to speak to someone, I'd encourage you to call:

• Lifeline on 13 11 14
  • beyondblue on 1300 224 636
  • Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467

Speak soon, tyme

Thanks,

I can only say good things about Beyondblue. Lifeline is horrendous (reading from a script) no care there.

Hey lovely Forumites!

I just want to quickly jump in and make sure that while we are certainly allowed to voice our opinions, we want to make sure it is done in a respectful way - Which can definitely be hard sometimes when our experiences haven't been positive ones.  

If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to email team@saneforums.org 💛

@Peregrinefalcon Clearly that was aimed at me. No problem. Deleting my account now.

All I did was reach out........not a helpful thing to say to me when that was my actual lived experience. I have no voice anywhere!

I'm sorry to hear that crisis services have not been helpful for you in the past @Tayla3 , and you feel you don't have a voice here. 

From my perspective, a negative experience may not be enough to generalise an entire service. Have you ever had the same person twice on Lifeline? I think there are that many workers that there's a slim chance. 

Who knows? You may get an awesome counsellor on the phone next time! You'll only know if you try. 

In my own experiences, it's a hit and miss. If someone is really THAT unhelpful, disconnect and call back - that's my suggestion. And usually, those that read off a script are probably in training. They have to start somewhere.

I hope you will be open to what I have mentioned above, yet I also acknowledge what you have said. 

All the best with whatever you decide. I'm here for a chat if you need it.

Kindest, tyme

Hi @Tayla3, I just wanted to check-in with you today. It seems like you kept feeling pretty disconnected from your partner over the last few days. And with work, that might continue?

I just wanted to see how you were doing?

TuxedoCat ❤️ 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance