Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Piecing the shattered glass together

@creative_writer when you are not feeling worthy do you ever list the things you are good at ie. your strengths. Even things you may not think of like things you were good at as a child but maybe don't do anymore. I understand that no matter how much others can say 'yes you are worthy' we have to believe ourselves that we are. It's hard but I believe you will get there.

❤️

@hanami, I did do this as an exercise once with a peer support worker and psychosocial worker. It did help. I think uni stress hasn't been helping. I sort of wish I did work more on the assignment before the last few days, but it's hard when you have MH and chronic pain. Time pressure is here right now. I also woke up from a dream early morning today and it took a while to go back to sleep, so super exhausted, but gotta get this assignment wrapped up.

❤️

Uni is definitely stressful @creative_writer . I hope today goes well getting your assignment done. 

Sending hugs

Hanami

Thanks, @hanami ❤️

Feeling really angry right now, not sure why. Maybe my sleep wasn't great and my head is feeling a bit heavy, and I am forced to remain on my laptop to wrap this assignment up. I am also listening to angry music.

Listening to angry music can be quite cathartic @creative_writer ! 

I hope it helps ❤️

I feel ashamed of who I’ve become, lonely and really low. I’ll just cry here in this safe place 😭

I’ve become numb. Only the shell of creative_writer is on the forums right now. I’ll wait for my soul to return into my body.

My body doesn’t feel normal but I’m too numb to care at this point, does that make me strange?

Hi @creative_writer,

I think sometimes we feel numb as a way to cope. I also think that when things are really stressful the stress can present in our bodies. When I'm really stressed I feel really nauseas. I don't think that makes you strange at all. I think we all cope with things differently and there is no right or wrong when it comes to emotions and feelings.

Warm regards,

FloatingFeather 

@FloatingFeather, I guess I disassociate to cope. Uni has been heavy. I just hope I can get past my shit so I feel ready when I go into the field.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance