Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

justanotherguy
Senior Contributor

Social media adding to MH issues

I'm pretty sure social media platforms add to people's stress levels, I know the thoughts in my head probably leave people wondering 'what is this guy on about?' But for the longest time I have only stayed sane by posting up my thoughts, knowing that somebody might read them and hopefully understand. This forum is moderated and checked so I am more careful to explain what I've done and how I'm feeling so I don't cause anyone else distress, I don't think explaining these kinds of things on normal social media would be helpful at all.

As an exercise in trying to reign in the galloping horses inside my head I bought a 'dumb' phone and downgraded from my 'smart' phone. This seems to be helping as I was seriously addicted to the thing, it was like a connection straight to my brain. Kinda scary when you think about it. So I am now on a computer and have to make more effort to use online tools. I think my 'smart' phone was becoming smarter than me.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Social media adding to MH issues

@justanotherguy  

hey 👋 

I absolutely agree social media does have a huge impact on mental health and it has a positive and a negative also too much of anything is not a good thing! 
and also when people start to use it as a distraction to avoid the real stresses that they need to face in life that’s when it becomes a problem ( I could go deep into this theory) 

That’s just my thought

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance