Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Update!

Hello! Just popping by to talk, I guess.

Quick question to start with... do you ever get the feeling that (as the forum's name suggests), something's not right, but you're not sure exactly what? How do you explain that, and what are your experiences with "feeling off"?

I wanted to update you on my last post.

I talked to my doctor about it, and when I said "I knew that was probably a mistake on my part", she looked confused and asked me why I would think that. I said that I didn't know whether she would appreciate it, and then she said "well, you never really could know. Sometimes, with those sorts of things you have to kind of take a risk."

I suggested that I may have accidentally banned myself from the cafe, and she said "NO way, don't worry about that." She said "if it was more explicit, that's a different story, but blowing someone a kiss is fine in that regard". She told me that I should keep talking to her like I normally would, and things would work themselves out. 

Sure enough, I saw her yesterday, and she seemed fine, which is a relief. Funnily enough, she was wearing someone else's apron, because it was labelled with a different name. She goes "no, that's me!" I can't tell whether she's joking, or if I've actually been calling her the wrong name for two years, but I am ASSUMING she's joking 😂.

I am studying for my exam, and I am kind of regretting how this semester played out.

I didn't attend any of the final four classes, and I haven't applied myself as well as I probably could, because I've been sick. I could kick some serious [...] if I put my mind to it and I was consistent.

I turned in a perfect final essay in a subject last semester, and my teacher gave me a High Distinction by discretion. That means I would have gotten a Credit, but because my essay was so good, I demonstrated a High Distinction level understanding of the entire unit, so she gave me MANY extra points.

I was in place to break the all-time record in a very difficult unit, but unfortunately the exam didn't go the way I wanted it to.

Revising is difficult now.

I have my exam on Monday, so I have been studying. My usual strategy is to write down the lecture notes word for word, and then go through the homework questions, but I can't write nowadays.

I used to write so much that I would fill an entire notebook in one day, but I think because I haven't done it all semester, I get tired after like four pages.

That makes me feel sad, but if all goes well, I'll never have to do another exam again. (This is the final unit for my degree).

Thank you so much for reading, now and always. .

1 REPLY 1

Re: Update!

@Former-Member wrote:

Quick question to start with... do you ever get the feeling that (as the forum's name suggests), something's not right, but you're not sure exactly what? How do you explain that, and what are your experiences with "feeling off"?

Yes I do get that feeling. I take it as an indication to investigate. I always try to 'get out my head' when I have this experience and 'follow the feeling'. I might try to label the feeling first - am I uneasy, scared, excited, ect. Once I've got a sense of what the feeling is, I might try and investigate when it came up, why it's there. At times when I just can't get to the bottom of it myself, I might start journalling my feelings to help processing, or meditation to focus on the feeling. To be honest, sometimes NOT focussing on the feeling helps too and the answer might come to me easier when I am NOT trying to answer the question. And in the end, if I cannot get to the bottom of the feeling, then I accept that maybe it's just not the right time. 

Great to hear of the support you got from your doctor. They are right - we never know how any of our actions will be received but if blowing a kiss felt right in the moment, then I think you did the right thing. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance