Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

"Mental Health Research Network" - has anyone heard of this?

Hi all,

Some of you may remember that I worked on creating a couple of resources for hospital inpatients, around how to navigate life in the MHU (like, there's a laundry and the coffee has no caffeine in it etc, etc...) and a 'spotter's guide to the professionals you may meet in the MHU and what their jobs actually are'. 

The peer worker who encouraged me to write this and who is working on getting it into my local MHU has, with my permission, shared it far and wide through her networks, in the hope that they can adapt it to suit their local environments and that it will help even more inpatients.  One of her contacts is a Doctor of  from an Australian "Mental Health Research Network" - has anyone heard of this?  I can see from Google that there seems to be a UK-based "Mental Health Research Network" - but surely there'd be a different organisation for Australia??? 

If you've heard of the Mental Health Research Network in Australia, what do they do?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: "Mental Health Research Network" - has anyone heard of this?

Very interesting @Gwynn … 

Waiting to read community responses 😉

This came up in my searches.  My search algorythms are geared a little diffferent to most ... lol ...

@Gwynn @BPDSurvivor 

https://www.uwa.edu.au/news/article/2021/may/new-network-for-mental-health-research 

https://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/news-and-media-releases/articles/deakin-to-lead-new-national-... 

Good Job Gwynn.  I am only new at getting help in the field.  Thanks it may be a good way for me to go ... in future.

Thanks, @Appleblossom! That looks interesting. 🙂

@Appleblossom@Gwynn @BPDSurvivor I've never head of Deakin University, but their website reckons they got high rankings. Great conversation. Very ear to the ground, finger on the pulse kind of stuff.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance