Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Trish3
Contributor

A bit about my story

People say I'm into production & I  guess that has summed me up in one word for much of my life. However,  now after ten years of retirement, living in my husband's description of a subtropical paradise & unable to fully appreciate the climate due to having had melanoma & being too hideously fair to venture in the sun: I find myself quite lost & without purpose. I was diagnosed a few years ago with PTSD, anxiety & depression. I have  background of long term childhood sexual abuse. I also have an autoimmune illness that effects my daily activities & energy levels.  On a positive note I am interested in nutrition & enjoy cooking. I also enjoy painting kindness rocks for sick kids. Unfortunately my energy levels are limited & don't extend too far. I do try to exercise most days but only get outside the house infrequently & mosly for essential reasons. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: A bit about my story

It's nice to hear from you @Trish3. I'm sorry that you are going through a difficult time. I don't know how to respond to your post, but on occasion there is no-one on the forum, or they are busy on another thread, or with their own overload of problems. They usually come back on line later. I hope you are doing alright and that you have a good day today.

Thank you History Lover,

You did respond & that is enough. My present problems are the stuff of life. But it's the isolation that has brought about the over thinking of my past & present. I joined this forum in recognition that I needed people to share with. You say you don't know how to respond & yet you did respond that is all I seek. Take care 😊

Hey @Trish3  i love that despite all that you have going on, you are giving back to those sick kids by painting kindness rocks. Reminds me of the rocks that my daughter and I often find when our exploring. 

wishing you well 💕

Thank you Bow,

Sometimes one has to paint themselves happy. 

It was nice for me to get your response too, @Trish3. I hope you find the forum helpful. It has got me through some very difficult times, and the folks here have walked many of the same paths. The best of people. I'm lonely too and have an irreconcilable family. It's tough. But we all try to plod on and make the best of things. I hope today brings something nice your way. Sending best wishes. Hope you're doing alright. Take care.

And by the way, @Trish3, when you reply to someone's post to you, type @, and a drop-down box will appear with the names of those on your thread. Just click on their name, and they will get a message in their in-box. Otherwise, they won't know you have replied unless they go looking.  

Hi @Trish3 Welcome to the forums! You have taken the first step and often that is the hardest. There are many others passing through here that are faced with those feelings of isolation and by coming together here it helps yourself and others feel less alone. Please check in with us whenever you like, as there is always someone around and this community is a lovely supportive bunch. 

I'm wondering if you would like to share some photos of the rocks you paint in the craft corner? 

Please take care,

Paperdaisy 🌼

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance