Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Bipolar and ect

@Henryian  I have bipolar I/schizoaffective disorder and I am suggesting finding a different psychiatrist.  9 months is a long time to be in hospital and would make me depressed. I remember seperating with my husband when I was extremely unwell.  Be patient with you wife and know it is the illness talking not her. xxx

Re: Bipolar and ect

Hi @Henryian  My daughter was also in hospital for 9 months and was treated for Catatoic schizophrenia with ECT. 20 in fact. Her catatonic state resolved but sadly her memory of me as her mum was gone and my last visit to her in February, she did not recognise me at all. I write and send photos and little things from her past to prompt her memory. Even recipes of her favourite meals. I live in hope that her memory will return and have been reminded by my psychologist that she was very ill for a long time and only time to heal will tell. Love is the key and praying our love will unlock the door to her memories. Wishing you all the best x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance