Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Star4
Casual Contributor

Desperate

Not to sure where you post this but i am in desperate need for help .

I suffer from complex ptsd i am almost postive i have had a nervous

breakdown .

I am looking for a support worker someone who can help with living houseing emotional and mental support i honestly dont no who to contact any information would be great .

Newcastle area

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Desperate

Hello @Star4 

Sorry to hear that things are that tough.  Keep looking and trying for help.

can you google support workers in your area... there might also be safe havens

We are not really a referral space

Look around

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-19/newcastle-safe-haven-offers-out-of-hours-crisis-support/10063... 

the forums can offer some social support, but housing is important to get sorted.

Take Care and let us know how you go..

Apple

Hey @Star4 - Welcome to the Forums! I am glad you have been able to reach out and hope I can provide some helpful information here:

Link2Home - Homelessness Support NSW

• If you need support Link2Home provides information, conducts assessments, as well as makes referrals to homelessness services across NSW. Link2Home is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year. For information, assessment or referral to homelessness services and support in NSW, call Link2home on 1800 152 152.

Hunter Homeless Connect - Housing support

Samaritans

Matthew Talbot Homelessness Service (

Hunter Primary Care

Vinnies - General support in NSW

For a more comprehensive discussion feel free to contact SANE Australia, too:

Sane - Get help
helpline@sane.org
1800 187 263
Open weekdays 10am - 10pm

Take good care of yourself, I wish you all the best in finding the supports you need 💛

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hey @Star4  

id really encourage you to pop into the safe haven that @Appleblossom  shared the link to. There is one in my local area, which I have visited and I found it really helpful. It’s run by peer workers and they will have all kinds of knowledge of the local area and will be able to put you in contact with some of the services that @Peregrinefalcon  mentioned. You will also get some immediate support by just going there and talking with someone who can relate to what you are experiencing. 

wishing you the best 

🎀

thankyou 

thankyou
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance