Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Scream58
Senior Contributor

I'm still here

I've been having hassles with my log on but I'm hoping I've got it sorted now.

So ... election day yesterday and I worked at the Polling Booth. 13.5 hours!! 

I'm totally wrecked today. My whole body hurts. I'm glad it's over. So many people. I think I filled my people quota for the rest of the year. My Dr didn't want me to do it but I need the money. 

I've been napping all day today and still struggling to keep my eyes open. Hoping for a good sleep tonight.

27 REPLIES 27

Re: I'm still here

@Scream58 

Well done on pushing through and getting the work done at the polling booth. I am so proud of you. I imagine it was a lot of people! Good job on listening to your body and just taking it easy today. It may take you a few days to get back to your normal. I am glad that you got your log in sorted and are able to post here for support. Here’s to hoping for a good restful night tonight. 

Meggle

Great to see you persisted with technology @Scream58 !

It's so good to have you here sharing your election poll stories. 

I've mentioned in the past that I've done it a number of times and don't really intend on doing it again lol. 

My sister was called in at the last moment to be supervise election polling in the local area. AEC sounded so desperate because so many were off with COVID! 

Whatever it is, it's so great to have you here with us tonight. I hope you have some well-deserved rest!

Look forward to seeing you around,

tyme

Hey @Oaktree !

Great to see you here tonight too!

tyme

Hi @Scream58 , well done! I've worked election day several times before but was much younger when I did, it's a long day!

Hope you can catch up on rest and money...

Hey @Scream58 

I hope you had a good sleep after your work at the polling booths. Sounds exhausting!

Glad it went okay for you.

hanami 💮

Hey @Scream58
I did the same job in election day. Was very sore afterwards. We both should buy ourselves something to celebrate I reckon

@Flying_Hams 

I'm still sore and tired. Suffering the combined effects of arthritis & fatigue. 

Go shout yourselves @Scream58 @Flying_Hams  - it’s not an easy job!

@BPDSurvivor 

I wish I could shout myself. Unfortunately I only did it because I need the money. One can't survive on the $706 Jobseeker payment alone when one has medical expenses that are not Bulk Billed.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance