Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here πŸ™‚

Hi @CatMom 

I just wanted to reach out to let you know that you’ve received a lovely message from @P0larBear πŸ’œ

Take kind and gentle care of yourself,

ShiningStar πŸ’œ

Hi there @Tone @Asha80 @black_n_white @P0larBear @CatMom ,

Great to see you all!

Feel free to pop by on Share a cuppa? 

Thank you for sharing a little about yourselves.

Hope you find connection and belonging on SANE's forums!

Please feel free to tag me into your posts so I receive a notification by typing "@" in front of my username (or others' usernames) e.g. @tyme 

Hi everyone hope your all doing well I will introduce myself please be patient first forum I have ever been a part off.

I am a dad to 4 teenage children and was diagnosed with bipolar 2 approximately 12 months ago after one of my children was put under the mental health act and put into hospital due to phycosis than leading to him being diagnosed with bipolar 1. During this process we started to read up and research bipolar. Bells and whistles went off for me and I soon realised with the help of a psychiatrist that I had all the symptoms. This diagnosis has helped me start the journey of understanding that my thoughts actions etc weren’t normal but a symptom of bipolar. I look now and see all the signs and symptoms have been a struggle all my life.

I believe that things really got magnified not only for me but for my other son when my eldest boy at 16 years old could no longer take his personal journey with life anymore. But now 3 years later and being diagnosed we are taking a tragedy and turning into a positive by sharing his story.

Since being diagnosed and medicated my life still has struggles but it is so much better.

I find great joy in being creative I’m a wood carver but my favourite thing is chainsaw carving. I will include a photo sorry will need learn how to reduce size first. I have joined this forum in the hopes of likeminded people that share to in courage others and help in times of need

@ShiningStar @P0larBear
I am so sorry I haven't been in the forum for a few days I had an exam for Uni. I am trying to find my message from @P0larBear and haven't found it yet. I am new to the forums though. I am sure I will work it out.

Hey there @CatMom . If you click on 'NEW' at the top right hand corner, you will get a list of notifications where you were tagged. That may help you find the message you are looking for.

Let me know if you need any assistance πŸ™‚Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 6.58.53 pm.png

Hi @CatMom 

It’s so lovely to hear from you πŸ’œ

That’s absolutely no worries at all - I hope that your exam went well πŸ˜Š

Navigating our way around the forums can be really tricky - especially when we’re new to the community and still finding our feet πŸ’œ

The screenshot that @tyme shared with you is how we can tell if someone has reached out to us πŸ˜Š Unfortunately however, if someone sends us a message without placing @ in front of our username, we won't receive a notification in our inbox πŸ’œ

I’m so sorry for the confusion around this πŸ’œ However, if you stay on this thread (where we are now) and scroll back a couple of pages, you should (fingers crossed πŸ’œ) come across P0larBear’s message πŸ˜Š Just to help narrow things down a bit they posted on the 14th of March πŸ˜Š

I really hope that this helps you a little bit and please know that you’re always welcome to reach back to me if you need to πŸ’œ

ShiningStar πŸ’œ

Hi, thanks for the welcome πŸ™‚ 

Hi @Jas66 

I just wanted to reach out to welcome you to the forums - it’s great to have you here πŸ’œ

It’s always so exciting to be able to welcome a new face to our community and as such, I’m really looking forward to being able to get to know you πŸ’œ

Sometimes it can be tricky to know where to start or how to connect with other members of our community and so one of the things that we sometimes do is share three fun facts about ourselves πŸ˜Š

Just to start the ball rolling, three fun facts about me are:

My favourite colours are pink and purple πŸ’œ

I was born overseas πŸ’œ

My star sign is Sagittarius πŸ’œ

Also, exploring some of our social threads can be another great way to gently ease yourself into community life and meet some other wonderful members of our community πŸ’œ

As such, I’ve just shared the link to this particular section of the forums, just in case you would like to take a look and join in some of the conversations πŸ˜Š

https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/bd-p/le-forum-0003

Also, just while I remember, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username just like I did at the start of my post to you i.e. @Jas66 that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them πŸ˜Š

I look forward to getting to know you and in the meantime, you’re more than welcome to reach back to me if there’s anything in particular that you feel would be helpful for you and I’ll do my best to guide you in the right direction πŸ’œ

ShiningStar πŸ’œ

hi πŸ™‚

Hi great to connect.

I will off the bat state the obvious, ie the beyond blue CEO stated would not declare a mental health diagnosis as a job candidate.

We have a way to go, Im here for support and too support. 
As the poem Desidirata says we are children of the universe β€œ and we have a right to be here” free of discrimination. And the later can come from those closest such as family, it’s a tough gig, though one foot after the after, never say die continue regardless of whatever the sin will all ways show up and shine the next day.

May we always shine regardless of what may come our way. You nor am I ever really alone, that’s the universal law. Hello 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance