Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Medications change

Hi just an update on my depression and anxiety. I saw my doctor yesterday and she is changing my medication to another ssri l can't pronounce starting with d Should be a roller coaster for a week or two as she is slowly reducing my current medication until next Thursday. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Medications change

Hey @Former-Member ,

We are with you on this. 

I think there are many who can relate to having med changes - myself included! 

I hope this one will help you in the long run.

Did you get up to anything special today?

Sitting with you, 

tyme

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @tyme Thanks. I have been trying to arrange assistance with moving costs and get quotes etc from removalists for my upcoming move to my new rental property.  The other issue is l have been waiting for a operation and l was contacted and l have an appointment with the anitheiest next week. I need the surgery but no idea how to get to a regional hospital and back because my kids were going to do it but now after the family split l don't know what to do.  I also have a job interview on Tuesday. 

Hi @Former-Member 

I'm so sorry to hear of your tough situation. Best of luck with the interview tomorrow, I really hope it goes well.

Medication changes are super hard for most people. Weaning off one and then slowly increasing another can have both physical and mental side effects. So crap that you have to often feel worse before you feel better. I hope your changeover is as smooth as possible. 

Do you have someone else who could possible take you to the surgery?

Warmest wishes

Hanami

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @hanami . No l don't have any one.to take me to have any surgery. I am due to have an operation soon but as l have said previously my family for whatever reason want nothing to do with me.

I'm sorry to hear that @Former-Member You must be feeling quite defeated with all that's going on. We're all here for you so keep reaching out. 

Hanami

I was on medications for years to help with depression. Off the meds now for 10 years almost, managing my depression well, but not easy. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Owen45 l tried going off the meds about 10  years ago and l crashed a few times. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance