Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

ClockFace
Senior Contributor

Round 3

Today is my third attempt at having my procedure. Im more nervous that its going to be cancelled again than the procedure itself. They have decided this time to potentially have me stay overnight. Its day procedure so a bit odd, when I asked them they said it was because I was last on the list, though I was the first time too and it was still day procedure, I think it is because I have potential heart issue, waiting to see my Cardiologist for more investigation. 

Mum was taken to ER yesterday afternoon, she keeps having falls, shes only 64 so not like really old. They found a potassium deficiency so they dealt with that but it was like 9pm that they finished with that so I went to bed. Last I heard she was staying in hospital at least over night.

My sister is in hospital for an unknown period of time.

So Dad has the house to himself, but I think he will be spending more time going from one hospital to another lol, poor guy

2 REPLIES 2
tyme
Community Lead

Re: Round 3

How's it all going @ClockFace ?

Re: Round 3

Hey @tyme 

Im getting there. I just posted about my sleep issues. They are irritating me a fair amount, Im really looking forward to feeling like Ive really slept. 

Im having to give up my pain killers, Ive been diagnosed with Hyperalgesia so its really pretty painful process. As you give up some your pain increases then it settles and you do it again. Its not a huge amount of fun. But at the end Im hopeful that Ill be able to get a spinal cord stimulator. I cant go stright to having it because the pain from the surgery would be unbearable given the condition.

My procedure for my shoulder lasted 11 days and the pain was back in full force and my other shoulder has caught up pain wise so they are both really painful and it makes using my arms a difficult thing particularly above shoulder height etc. 

Apart from that, Ive been continuing on my change journey. Ive been really focused on doing what I can to be as healthy as I can be. Ive been able to lose weight, which is really important for my health. I dont have a goal in mind, like I want to lose so many kgs but I suppose about 1/2 of what I am, a little less and I would feel that I have done well. It will be a long journey but with the new information I have and new understanding of food etc. I have I feel like I have more firepower behind me to address my weight issues. But I am tackling it from a health point of view, so I am addressing my diet and making sure its healthy and well rounded rather than taking out a particular food or something. Its a high protein low carb diet but I dont miss out on anything I want, I still have the foods etc I feel like just in moderation and less of them. Its working well and Ive been doing it a while now so its kinda starting to be imbedded in my life. I have my own pantry in my room now and a couple draws in the freezer, also have a shelf in the fridge just for my stuff. Everything is planned out, I know what I am eating, when and how much for, well up to april at the moment. There isnt a huge amount of variation but thats my personal preference. 

Ive setup my diary as well and a daily activity schedual, so all this bits and bobs I need to do, make my bed, shower, dishes that sorta stuff. I can check off every day that I have done those things, which helps minimise the impact of the depression and because of the sleep stuff, I forget heaps and simple day to day things are forgotten easily. Problem is of late, even with reminders Ive been forgetting. Ive even got an app for cleaning which reminds me when I need to do things like change my quilt cover, change the tea towel etc. 

Because of the forgetfulness Ive become really focused on being organised, having things schedualled, in my diary, planned etc. 

My mood has been pretty good of late. I crashed early this week because my pharmacy screwed my meds and I ended up not having my morning and lunch doses of psych, pain and blood pressure meds which really messed me up but I am on the up and up now.

How are you?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance