Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

@Dimity  I think being a couch potato all day is also self care. I know I need days like that, where I entirely switch off. Doing laundry and cooking healthy meals is also self care. I think you did well yesterday. Especially with depression (I'm not sure if that was the "not feeling the best" you were referring to).

I cleared up the lounge room and my bedroom yesterday, so I was pleased. Now just the kitchen and my desk are messy. I also watered the garden and did some weeding and removing of blackberries. I didn't do any mending but that can wait. I don't think it got to 37C, so that was good. 

I hope you're feeling a bit better today...I think it's good to rest after your exertions, and after working so hard on your own stuff every day for ages. Hopefully you can take as long as you need. 💚

Thank you, @Bow  ❤️ Back atcha! 💜

Thanks for those kind words @NatureLover. Yes maybe depression. Also stress anxiety fatigue and becoming emotionally depleted and highly reactive. I reached out to my pdoc.

Gosh you did well with your loungeroom and bedroom and weeding.  I need to keep checking my backyard to see if any blackberries are regrowing. 

If all goes well I'll get back into the garden this week. I've restarted the housework and caught up on the food shopping. 

Looking forward to hearing about your weekend. 

@Dimity wrote:

Yes maybe depression. Also stress anxiety fatigue and becoming emotionally depleted and highly reactive.

I'm sorry to hear, @Dimity , that's quite a load to carry 😞

Good on you for reaching out to your pdoc...I hope you get a quick response.

Well done on your food shopping and housework. I achieved no housework apart from laundry yesterday, but am still proud of myself as I cooked a proper meal, with vegetables. (I hardly ever manage to cook, or to eat vegetables)

Will you continue to rest? I hope so...at least, I know you have your helper coming on Thursday. 

Well done re the cooking @NatureLover . I had some Thai veggie fritters tonight... they were very tasty. From the meat substitute display at Woolies. I cooked more veg but they'd be nice with a bag of salad mix. 

My pdoc was lovely.  He rang back the same day and suggested increasing my med to be on the safe side. 

Busy day today but it was partly "me" time as I got a haircut. I have stuff planned just about every day this week and no clue when or how or what to declutter. 

I hope your volunteer job went well. 

Thanks, @Dimity . 

@Dimity wrote:

My pdoc was lovely.  He rang back the same day and suggested increasing my med to be on the safe side. 

Am impressed - do you mean he rang you back on the Sunday?

It sounds like you have a busy week and no time to declutter this week! Apart from Thursday when I assume your helper is coming...

I'm eating raisin toast covered with Promite for breakfast 😄 Are you vegetarian like me?

I haven't planned out my day yet or psyched up for any decluttering. I will do my morning routine (it takes an hour) and then see. 

Hope your day is successful 🙂

Hi @NatureLover . I spoke to my pdoc Friday and was grateful for his follow-up. 

I eat very little meat but I'm not strictly vegetarian.  I do admire vegans...

I'm so tired atm I'm having trouble writing. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. Take care.

@Dimity  Sorry to hear how exhausted you were /are feeling...how did you sleep last night? 

I admire vegans too. I went vegan for 2 years but it was too hard. 

My house has got cluttered again with bags on the floor, but the kitchen bench is still clear. 

Is your helper coming today? When will things slow down for you a bit?

Sending care 💚

What about eggs @Dimity ?

Do you eat eggs? They are nature's best multi vitamin. With iron, zinc, and stacks of other co nutrients for ultimate absorption and digestibility...

Sorry to hear about the clutter @NatureLover . I have some kitchen clutter too as I bought some packets on impulse instead of sticking to my list. 

Things should now ease up for a while. I'm still catching up on sleep and other things. My helper came but we just talked. 

Let's try to be kind to ourselves.  We've actually achieved some clearances in the last little while and when we're ready, we can do it again. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance