Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Seekingsanity
New Contributor

Anyone have experience being the subject of the persecution delusions??

Does anyone have any experience with persecution delusions? My partner was diagnosed approx 8 months ago and the thing i am finding hard to deal with is supporting him and myself while he thinks and feels I have done something to him to harm him or I am planning to do that etc. He has been on LAI for 3 months now and while things like pacing and some disordered thoughts have improved etc, he still believes something had been done to him, he will not believe he has schizophrenia, has no insight at all. He refuses to get CBT because he says his brain has been damaged (on purpose) and nothing can be done to fix his 'brain damage'. I realise this sounds strange and confusing, it's hard to try and put into words.  It's devaststing knowing my partner of 13 yrs truly in his soul thinks I have worked with others to destroy his life, that I have spent over a decade watching him as I destroy him, it's very painful to think about it too much, but no matter how bad ii feel, it must be so much worse being in his position

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Anyone have experience being the subject of the persecution delusions??

Welcome, @Seekingsanity , I'm very sorry to hear about the position you are in 😞

I had an ex with paranoia, and that was hard enough.

Do you know about our other forum, the SANE Friends, Family and Carers Forum ? You cna post your post on there, to connect with other carers and family. 

It's also important that you have enough support yourself - do you have a counsellor?

An important forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Re: Anyone have experience being the subject of the persecution delusions??

Hi @Seekingsanity ,

How are things going for you?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance