Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Community Garden :)

Yes @amber22 but not the first picture though 

I am not a gardener like mum but I do like colour 

How about you 

Hi @Shaz51 and everyone!

I’ve just finished a study block so have a month off. I’m planning on doing a big push and preparing the front yard for a native garden. It’s a huge job, even though it’s not a big yard. I’m going to use glyphosate to get rid of the Kikuyu, dig up as much of the root system as possible, put in compost, lay cardboard, and mulch. I did some digging yesterday and just got some Yates Zero so can start spraying soon; I badly twisted my ankle this morning though so will wait until I am sure I can dig before I start.

@Bismuth how are you going with your garden my friend 

Hello @amber22 , @Dimity , @Former-Member , @Eve7 , @Historylover , @hanami , @FloatingFeather , @Appleblossom , @Zoe7 , @Faith-and-Hope , @BlueBay , @Emelia8 , @Peri , @Libra , @Krishna , @Smc , @Jynx , @tyme , @StuF , @ShiningStar , @Judi9877 , @jem80 

not my gardennot my garden

Beautiful @Shaz51 !

Wow @Shaz51 

Stunning. Almost un-real!

I'm glad you put the caption on- I was going to ask 🤣

Nearly time to plant spring bulbs here @Shaz51 

ohh all colours @Dimity , how lovely 

😂🤣 @StuF 

Yes @Shaz51 I've decided on hyacinths and daffodils

Careful with the glyphosate. Cover up. xo

Hi @Shaz51 and everyone. I’m not doing very well at the moment, but that’s another story.

In the garden, I’ve just harvested my 4th lot of tomatoes - so many tomatoes from just 3 plants! I’m currently collecting plain cardboard, too. I’ve decided to put down compost all over the front lawn and cover it with cardboard and coarse mulch, then leave it for 8 months or so. It’s the only way I’m going to be able to control that Kikuyu. Digging it up manually is turning out to be impractical. I’ll also spray the edges with glyphosate.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance