Skip to main content

Re: Newbie's Social Club - Come make some friends!

It’s more emotionally unsafe. I guess I’m hoping the forums will give me a chance to connect with others and maybe get some encouragement or hear some stories from others about how things do get better even though it doesn’t feel that way right now.

Thx Ru-bee…hopefully I’m up to posting soon. Very very tired right now and in a mixed manic episode (BP2) so things are a bit… edgy/risky… and trying to self care and not spiral. 

Am hoping this forum may be a positive outlet. Let’s just say I’m more than a little disillusioned with our Govt’s services for mental health. I’ve been saying for a long time to friends and family, I feel we (as a community dealing with mental health issues) need access to ongoing face to face group sessions in out local areas, (like in hospital acute care) but there’s nothing like that I’ve found anywhere near me in NSW south coast.

In the absence of group therapy sessions I’m hoping this forum can stand-in for that need to some degree. 

thx 

I hear you @Lustig, there are certainly wide gaps in mental health supports in this country.

I wonder if you've heard about our recovery club? You can check it out in the thread here, but it sounds like it might be something you could be interested in.

This looks encouraging… I need to sleep right now (meds), but will certainly check it out. I hope there are groups near me.

Welcome @Lustig.  Sorry to hear you're struggling.  I found it helpful here so hopefully you find it that way as well.

Thanks @Shaz51.  I'm doing okay today.  More rain today so I'd like to see a little more sun.  I hope you're doing well.  Anything fun planned for the weekend?

Hi @Ru-bee.  I got an email about the recovery club.  The criteria say "complex mental health needs".  Does that mean you need to be diagnosed with something?  It sounds interesting, but it feels like it may be aimed at people with more serious issues than just depression.

@sanemind1 @SH114 @Yellowapple @Timba77777 @Gigi24 @DevS @Lucy1231 @Lustig @Alison38 

hey there newbies!!! welcome to the forum, feel free to join this thread & share a bit about yourselves 😊

I think the term complex mental health can be interpreted a lot of different ways and I'd still encourage you to check it out @MJG017 

Thanks @Ru-bee, I'll think about it.  I think my main issue is i'm very new to all this "support" stuff.  Up until a little over a year ago, I had never talked to anyone about anything personal, I kept everything to myself.  I honestly don't know if there is something seriously wrong with me or not.  I always feel like my problems are things I should be able to work out myself.  Whether that is just a throw back from always keeping things to myself and dealing with (or not dealing with) them on my own, I really don't know.