Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ClockFace
Senior Contributor

apparently not enough

Some may have seen my story but Im caring/advocating for my sister while she is in mental health facility/general hospital. For most of her time in hospitals she was an hour away, now thankfully 30 min. Its been going on for 2 months and I go down pretty much each day. 

Most days she wants stuff brought down and taken home. Its not easy to find what she wants, normally spend around an hour or so collecting stuff for her. Clothes that come back have to be washed and dryed etc. 

Today I was informed that my sister was not happy that stuff had been left in the car. Dad just came in and had a crack that there was rubbish in the car. This after a conversation about unrealistic expectations of my sister. I have said how exhusted and drained I am, Ive been very clear about this. 

I have spinal issues, pending surgery. Day before yesterday my back started having issues, spasming and pain. I have muscle relaxants and after seeing doctor we doubled the dose of that and added oxycodone (I already take CBD, gabapentin and am on a Buprenorpine patch). We dont know what triggered it, might have been picking up a bottle of Coke weird but I suspect its the last 2 months of stress, anxiety and all the driving. I havent voiced this theory because how family would react, especially my sister. I did see my sister briefly today, Im not going in tomorrow and will have to think about Thursday as I have another surgery on Friday and not spasming etc would be best for that. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: apparently not enough

You have been doing an amazing job of supporting your sister @ClockFace 

Hopefully you can take a break and start to look after yourself.

Sending lots of love ❤️ 

Re: apparently not enough

Hey there @ClockFace 

I totally agree with @Eve7 , it sounds like you are doing such a great job to support your sister and be there for her when she needs. It can be tough when you feel as if your role as a carer for them is not being appreciated. It is really valid to be feeling how you are feeling right now. 

Sending lots of hugs and sitting with you while you're feeling like this ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance