Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

adrift
Casual Contributor

Feeling eroded

Hi,

So I have had mental health issues most of my life and in and out of therapy when I can access it for a bit over a decade.

My agoraphobia was acting up before 2020 but it has just gotten worse currently I am only able to comfortably travel walking distance and can't even really go to a grocery store without a trusted person. 

My PMS makes both my anxious and depressive moods worse I really do need to look into getting diagnosed with the extreme version of PMS because I get the full feelings of hopelessness and not wanting to go on pretty much like clockwork in the week before I menstruate. It feels like each month erodes more of my strength.

The past few months of PMS have seemed to hit harder and harder with the weight that although I know I won't always be in that pain I know that with things as they stand at least it will keep coming back.

I am in the time when things lift a little and I feel a bit better and can think a little bit more but I am also so scared of when it will hit again.

I have a not great relationship with my GP and can't afford my psychologist so I am currently not really getting much support and I know I need more but I am so bad at advocating for myself also I am pretty sure that I need more help than the basic once or twice a month to a therapist but I just don't know how to access it.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Feeling eroded

Hi @adrift ,

Good on you for reaching out! This is huge step in itself!

I read that you do not have a very good relationship with your GP. Is there any possibility you see another GP who may be in your area?

Another option is SANE's Guided Service. You may be eligible for more personalised support (depending on your location). You can read more about SANE's Guided Service here: https://www.sane.org/referral

I look forward to further connecting with you on the forums.

Kindest, tyme

@adrift 

Hi there.

There is a service that has mixed reviews... Ihave found them unhelpful, but others have gained considerable benefit. And your issues sound different from mine, so I'll share with you a contact you might want to try, and hope it works out for you. It is called

Acute Care Team

Hey thank you and I am going to try to switch GP I am just slow because past negative experience with GP like my GP right now isn't good but he also isn't actively bad.
Unfortunately I am just outside a catchment area for sane guided.

Thank you I will give them a look.

All good @adrift . Even though you are outside the postcodes for SANE's Guided Service, you can still speak to our lovely counsellors on 1800 187 263 (M-F 10am-10pm).

Our forums are accessible 24/7 and there is ALWAYS someone (including moderator) online.

You deserve it. Remember, you are NOT alone.

Also, when responding to posts, you can type "@" in front of the member's username so that they get a notification. e.g. @tyme 

Hello @adrift  and welcome to the forums. There are lots of friendly people here willing to share their lived experience.

I also recommend your local Acute Care Team. I have found them to be very supportive.

Take care 🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance