Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social space

Re: Newbie's Social Club - Come make some friends!

Hi

best of luck finding a psych the seem to be as scarce as hens teeth. What supports or skills do you have in the meantime or do you need to fudge it.

i fudged it for about five years at one stage before getting a diagnosis for myself, it is not easy.

Cheers

@JJll , good to meet you. Wishing you the best with finding the help you need. Have you had any success? I was diagnosed with anxiety/depression for the first time around 6 years ago. The first thing I needed was medication because I was not capable of doing anything initially. I felt paralysed, I was constantly ruminating and was not sleeping. Once I worked out which medication was right for me and its effect kicked in, then I was then able to start working on myself. The things that have helped me have been restorative yoga, sitting in the sun, breathing exercises, walking, and spending time doing things that I enjoy. Having said that, I am suffering another bout now, which is why I have joined this forum to seek support.

Welcome tot he forums @1078 !

Sorry to hear you are struggling with anxiety/depression. 

Besides medication, do you remember anything else that may have been helpful for you?

You are not alone. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi @tyme, thanks for your message. I am clinging on to my routine of getting up, having a shower, walking my dog and having breakfast but the day thereafter is a struggle. I just want to go and lie down again after that. I think it is at least partly because I have increased my medication and it is making me drowsy. I need to get used to it.

@Ru-bee @Shaz51 

Love the tip! thank you 🙂

Hey people, 

Thank you for inviting me to join the forum, I'm very new to this site so not entirely sure what to do ahah. 

I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I'm a 28 y/o (F), diagnosed with ADHD, BPD, Anxiety and depression. I'm looking to meet people who know what it's like to live with these mental illnesses and the daily struggles they bring. I struggle a lot when it comes to meeting new people and making new friends due to the social Anxiety of it all. Hopefully it'll be easier here, especially with people who actually understand. 

Anyways, I hope to hear from some of you soon! 🙂 

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note about myself. I am a mum and a carer of a 17 year old son who has been diagnosed with bipolar 1. 
I am here because I am lonely and scared and I want to be able to connect with other parents who are caring for their child. I would like to feel less alone.

More than anything, I would like to hear some positive experiences of people living with bipolar 1 because I need to cultivate hope and positivity to help me come to a place of acceptance. I want my son to be ok and for a while I thought that meant not having this illness. Now I realise there’s nothing I can do to take it away - so I want to focus on how I can help him be ok and be someone who is living with BP1. 
Thank you for reading. 

Hi 👋🏼 @TiredandScared my friend had the same experience 2 years ago. Her son was 17 then.

It was a bumpy 2 years for her and him. Finding the right medication and the right dose.

As soon as he started reading books about his condition he became very relieved and felt validated. He wasn’t alone.

Sharing the information with his mother made both of them happy.

G

hello @TiredandScared , @Vayle , @lighthouse22 , @Alittleorange , @1078 @Glisten , @RiverSeal 

how is everyone going this sunday 😍

it is sunny here today and very quiet 

cuppa time here @RiverSeal , how are you going xx

Hey @Shaz51  I'm pretty good thank you! Cuppa time here too 🙂 RiverSeal 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance