Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: How Can There Be Hope, When People Even Worse Off Then Me Aren't Getting The Help They Need?

I didn't experience it as you raging at me @chibam. I hear your frustration and anger and don't necessarily disagree with it. I too thought the system was 'The Answer' and felt let down. I am just saying don't give up. It can be part of the answer though if you don't put all your hopes into it.

Be gentle on yourself. 

Re: How Can There Be Hope, When People Even Worse Off Then Me Aren't Getting The Help They Need?

@Gillie1 wrote:

I too thought the system was 'The Answer' and felt let down. I am just saying don't give up. It can be part of the answer though if you don't put all your hopes into it.

Leaves a jolly big question mark, though, as to where we're supposed to put the rest of our hopes.

It's all that mystery and non-answers that gets me really frustrated with the ongoing global discussion about mental health & suicide. All those massive gaps that huge chunks of the population keep falling in to, that nobody wants to even talk about.

I just wanted to say Hello and hope you're doing alright, @chibam. I haven't seen a lot of you of late and just wanted to check in. 😊

Sending best wishes your way for a pleasant weekend. ☀️🌞😎

Hi @Historylover . 🙂 Thanks for the message. Still the same old same old around here. Yeah, I guess I have been a bit negligent when it comes to my SANE forum presence of late; although I did attend the chat event the other day.

Hope you have a great Easter, too! 🙂🤗

You haven't been negligent, @chibam. I guess the forum may have simply taken a back seat to life's many other distractions. I just needed to make sure you are doing alright and to let you know that even when you are out of sight, you are not out of mind.

Stay well. I'm working on the same goal. 🌞🤗

@Historylover wrote:

You haven't been negligent, @chibam. I guess the forum may have simply taken a back seat to life's many other distractions. I just needed to make sure you are doing alright and to let you know that even when you are out of sight, you are not out of mind.

Stay well. I'm working on the same goal. 🌞🤗

Likewise, @Historylover 🤗. And thanks!🙂

Hey @Kyle1 🙂 I just read this after being away from the forums for ages and looking for posts from people who've dealt with what @chibam was talking about with certain government programs. My beliefs lean pagan but I was raised in Christian schools and I still turn to the Bible from time to time. Your quote "God can bring you ashore, but you must first raise the sails" - can I ask where this is from? Feel free to suggest some readings for me 🙂

hi @Fish 

Sorry. I don't know where that quote comes from... 

All good! It's food for thought anyway 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance