Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Yes yesterday @Healandlove 

I spent a lot of time on the forum 

Also step D1 and grandson came for lunch -- she brought lunch 

Grandson nearly had a sleep here xx

Then later after hubby had a sleep we watched a movie 

Aww that would have been lovely to have D1 and your grandson visiting! I'm glad you had that quality time @Shaz51 🤗🤗🤗

@Shaz51 @tyme @Poole @RiverSeal @Mother1 , these days my go to coping tool is reading.

I love escaping to other worlds and stories. 

This is what I am currently reading.  It makes me laugh at times 😂 which is always a treasured thing.

1000014576.jpg

I am getting better at building self care strategies. It's a bit of a balance of self care vs just ignoring my responsibilities tho haha! eep.

I escape to my garden, or lay down with a book, walk my doggo, play xbox or watch TV with my kids.

I actually had a thought yesterday that when things get too much (the "things" being ensuring my partner gets her two kids to shower, brush their teeth, eat, wear clean clothes, not game all day, which I chase and chase but they don't do) I need to just let it go. Make sure my kids are doing what's best for them, make sure everyone is fed and loved, let it go. It was such an epiphany; blended families are hard, especially with neurodiverse members and significant mental health issues.... I can't fix it, I can't "make" them do what they need to..... so I will control the things I can! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance