Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

I'm so glad they are considerate of your back.... IF perchance you opened up about your MH, do you think they'd also be considerate? Just a thought.

@Captain24 

I gave the Pix the bone at our place. @tyme. Angel had doggy chocolate at her place. 

If my parents were like this all the time, I would consider it. I do have moments where I think I could tell them but the only thing I can guarantee is the negative judgment. 

I would love to be able to ask for their support. But I can and will do this essentially alone! I have you guys and my team 

Fair enough @Captain24 . I'm not sure I'd want to tell my parents either. I think they'd interfere too much. I wanted to make the journey without people imposing on me. Because I knew if I had an inner desire to get better, I would. I didn't want to 'get better' for other people's sake. It had to be for my own sake.

I’m doing it for me @tyme. I will get better. I know I fail a lot but I’m hoping that as I move along in recovery I will fail less and less. Tonight is an ok one even through the extreme pain. Tonight I’m not a failure. 

I agree you are not a failure... tonight, or any night @Captain24 . And I'm sure Pix agrees! Pix is on top of the world with that treat! You are a godsend in Pix's eyes!

I really hope your back gets better soon! @Captain24 

The rest of my life, however long or short it is, is going to be hard work. @tyme. I will work to be strong enough to deal with the manic and depressive episodes. I have to stop seeing it as failing. I just struggle with that right now. 

I just need to focus on the line from the movie last night. ‘I have an illness, I am not the illness!’

That movie was amazing! ‘Words on bathroom walls’ 

Im guessing you are heading off now. Thank you for today. I hope you sleep well and that your headache has eased. Enjoy tomorrow. 

Goodnight. Speak to you sometime during the week @Captain24 . Hope your back is 100% by the time I speak to you next, and you can then do gymnastics lol!

Oh @tyme that picture is absolutely gorgeous. 

I hope you got some sleep last night and today is a bit of a pain free or at least less pain free day. 😊

@tyme hope your day goes well too 🤗

I did manage to get some sleep last night @Snowie. My back only woke me a couple of times. It’s slightly better today. Thank you for asking. 

Plus I’m feeling mentally ok today! So that’s a good start. I just had a therapist appointment and I have to focus better on my diet and hydration! My dietitian is already trying to help me work on that. 

I am dreading the drive to the MRI appointment though. I’ll just take lots of painkillers.. 

Im hoping that today is going well for you too!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance