Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Sending you lots of hugs @hanami 

Yes part of mum's bowel died and had to be removed 

She has to be careful as the scar tissues in the bowel can easily block up 

She said she has not been to the toilet for 2 days soo far soo I am hoping it will be OK 🤞🤞

Hello @Former-Member , @Rhye , @moderator 

Feeling sad, 

Mum being reassessed at the hospital,  mum telling a whole lot of rubbish just soo she can go home 

I had to talk to the OT on the sidelines 

Feel like drinking lots which is NOT me !!!!!

Arggggg 

Hello and hugs my sister @Emelia8 xxx

I am feeling  soooo arggggggg !!!!!!!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Shaz51,

I can hear it's a lot you're going through at the moment, and I'm sorry it's like this ❤️  Sending lots of support your way

It sounds like drinking a lot is not something you'd ultimately want to do? If so- are there other ways you've managed big emotions in the past that have worked for you?

🌻

Ohhhh @Shaz51 I am really sorry to hear that.  Your Mum is desperate to get out of hospital and back home into your wonderful care.  😄🌷 

Of course she will say whatever it takes to enable that to happen.  

You did the right thing to speak to the OT on the sidelines.  I am sure they get this sort of thing all the time.  Please dont feel bad about telling the truth about how she is,  or isnt,  managing at home. 

You should take a bow that she wants to go home, a place where you obviously take very good care of her. 

Now ... rather than hitting the bottle ... how about a chai latte or hot chocolate with me?  I really think I need something as I'm feeling very low on energy.

Emelia 🌷

Hello @Emelia8 , @Former-Member 

Mr shaz has given me another half a glass of wine 

That will be it 😀

Mum will be in hospital until Monday,  then we will find out more 

Love to have a coffee with you my sister @Emelia8 😀

It is hard saying the truth when mum is glaring at you with angry eyes @Emelia8 , @Former-Member , @hanami , @Rhye , @Jacques , @Faith-and-Hope , @Anastasia , @Adge 

Sometimes @Shaz51 our parents have to face the truth that their care is sometimes too much for us, I had that with my dad, I helped care for him until the day he died but sometimes we did need respite and he did need care we just could not provide. 

I hope your mum can see how much you love her and want the best for her, you will always be there for her but she will need extra help.

Hugs my friend

Thank you @Jacques , @Emelia8 , @Former-Member ,, @Dimity @@moderator ❤❤❤

Just feeling sad right now  but I know it is the right thing to do xxx

Mum was angry that I did not agree with her 

She does not want any outside help but me 

it is fear of losing independance @Shaz51 my mum is struggling with that too, being independant all their lives it must be so so difficult to ask or need help. 

i hope the glass of wine is helping you relax

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance