Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Change123
Senior Contributor

CHANGE LIMITING TIME ON FORUM

Hi All

@BlueBay@Shaz51 @Lunar@Decadian@Former-Member 

I'm feeling very strong at the moment within myself.  I want to try and limit my time on here to see how I cope.  Sometimes I think I do better on the weekend while I'm not on here as I dont get too involved with helping others or letting other people's current issues trigger me.

I'm going to try and only come on here at lunchtimes from tomorrow.

I want to try and limit venting unless I really need to do so - trying to keep my brain in a positive state of mind and also I need to learn to be able to cope without any support.

I hope no one thinks that I'm just being selfish but I think its an important step for me and will help me grow up more.

It was nice ont he weekend my partner said to me "the last month or few weeks I have noticed that you have really grown up"'!

Well I need to keepon this path - I am getting very addicted to this new behaviour which is a great thing and seeing the results!

Please dont think that I dont care for anyone out there because I do - that is my main problem I care more of others than myself.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3

Re: CHANGE LIMITING TIME ON FORUM

Hello @Change123 xx

we will be here my friend anytime HeartHeart

Have a wonderful day @Change123 Smiley Happy

Not selfish at all @Change123

But indeed very sensible thinking

Imo we come here and share here when we feel like it - whatever way it is good for us

We might be here for support, this can turn into conversation - friendship, caring about other people - even passing the time - social media offers all of this and more

I come here when I have the time, when I feel like it and I stay as long as I feel as if it's okay - and I stop when I feel like it - when it's become enough.

There is no contract that we need to be here and read all the posts - we are here for our mental health or emotional discomfort - perhaps relief from isolation - I could go on with good reasons -

But not to be triggered or have our time contraint pulling us away from our responsiblities

Come in whenever Change - you are doing okay right now - maybe this won't be the case in the future

You are always welcome - all are always welcome

Dec

Hello @Change123,

That is really great you have that insight to know your boundaries when it comes to time spent on the forums, it's helpful to know how much is enough and that way you are more helpful to help others and vent.

It's also really nice that your partner has reflected how much you have changed by feeling strong in yourself and he has noticed this, well done 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance