Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Neb
Senior Contributor

Getting enough fluids

I dont know about anyone else, but I have a heck of a time keeping hydrated. I dont drink alcohol regularly, but I just dont like water. I have a cuppa coffee at breakfast which is pretty much all the coffee I drink now.

I splurge over the Christmas break and drink soft drink but that is off the menu now. Fruit juices and drinks are too expensive to drink regularly and I dont buy flavoured milk anymore. I do like the unsweetened almond milk drinks which are really flavoured and thickened water, but .....  I sometimes have cold fruit teas which I quite like but am bored with them. Any ideas in making water (from out of the tap) more appealing I would love to hear of it.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Getting enough fluids

Hi  @Neb

How are you and your embriodery going?

Dont think too much about the taste. I first heard of the 8 glasses a day idea about 20 years ago .. from chiropractors.  It seemed way over the top and I didnt take it on at first.

When I was going to gymns I got into the habit and carrying a water bottle became an essential when leaving the house.  I only did the gymns for about 8 years but kept carrying the water bottles. Now I always take a bottle in my handbag .. as though I may not be exercising I may be walking and there are so many activities that one needs a little top up .... with water.

Now I have water bottles in the house as I like having a drink on hand any time of day or night.  Its been a gradual habit .. but one I keep up .. as more info comes in about its benefits.

Hi there @Neb !

I agree, it can be really hard keeping hydrated if you get sick of water, do you like fizzy water like soda water with fresh lime or even cordial? I found that when I started drinking more water and less coffee it was more appealing to drink soda/mineral water, you get buy bottles of them for really cheap at the supermarket or even use a soda stream?

Iced tea is also really delicious, and tea in general! It contains a lot of water..what kinds of iced tea do you like? My favourite is the herbal raspberry ones 🙂

Hi @Neb

Buy a smallish bottle of fruit juice and freeze it as ice cubes. Add one ice cube (two at the most) to each glass of water. The bottle of fruit juice lasts for ages this way and your water will have a delicate hint of whatever juice you've chosen. I love water but I use the above method for a bit of a change. 🎶💕

My neighbour upstairs doesnt drink any water. Her skin is all puckered up, she is 49 years old and looks double her age. 

She has had knock backs in life. For the past 5 years, since I've lived here, we have had many discussions on caring for herself and some she has adopted. Lately, she has fallen down a few rungs down on the ladder. The water is very sad....she went to get a blood test last week and the Flobotomigists (spelt wrong) couldn't get a drop of blood out of her. 

I'de say drink how you can. Carry a plastic home bottle of water. Try not to let it stress  you out too much. 

Dunno if I'm right or not but at least you try 

GReat to see you @Neb

PeppyPatti

Good Idea Kurra, ta!

Hi Appleblossom....embroidery is going full steam, currently doing a crochet edge to a linen tablecloth found in an op shop ( I love finishing things!)  Whilst away, I found a beautiful tablecloth with crinolene ladies (very girly, very feminine!). Pusskin adores me crocheting with thread as she can chase the reel all over the polished floors...which I love to watch! I must finish the beaded icon and post a few pics as a showoff, but I do LOVE embroidery! It is a bit like poetry, some folk just adore it,but it is not  very popular anymore eh/

Great ideas all. Water really can make a big diffrence to our over all health.

I enjoy infused water like these ideas. What ever flavours take your fancy 🙂Infused-Water3-Infographic-741x1024.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance