Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Interests

I like that analogy @welcome_snacks . I won't forget it!

My day was similar to yours - hectic. However, mine differs in that it doesn't even look elegant on the surface lol!

Being on the forums has been great though. It's so good to be able to e-connect with people.

I look forward to having more chats with you. I might see you around on the weekend.

tyme

Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and do an update (completely for my own self), I haven't found my interest yet but am trying out a few things.

I've decided after nearly a decade to pull my guitar out of storage, going to need new strings etc, so it's an upcoming project (come on aus post!). 

I've also agreed to help my daughter paint her bed (it's currently brown wood, she NEEDS a pink one) 

I've spent the weekend recharging and doing some stuff for me (new tattoo) and I'm feeling good - but now I'm worried that it might be the start of a manic episode, and my anxiety is having a field day. 

I know it's going to take time and I know that diagnosis isn't the key to recovery but I feel like not having a firm diagnosis is causing me more anxiety vs the fear of diagnosis. 

Anyway, hope everyone has had a great start to the week, and thanks for reading if you got to here.  

Hi @welcome_snacks 

I get the update for your own self! 

I completely understand your anxiety with awaiting a diagnosis as I currently am too. Hopefully I have answers this week. I hope that you can get your diagnosis. 

I know I haven’t been helpful at all but just know that I understand. 

Captain24

Hey @Captain24 thanks, it's helpful to know its not just a me scenario.  I should have some answers around the end of August, which is both terrifyingly soon and far away.  

Hope you get what you need with your diagnosis, even if it's just a name.

Hi @welcome_snacks 

It is worrying to get a diagnosis but hopefully it can than be treated accordingly. I was lucky the mental health team have gotten me an emergency app. 

I am grateful though that I don’t have to wait long. I don’t think I would make it to the end of august.

@Captain24 I feel you on that one, so much of what I'm doing at the moment is symptom management, instead of any recovery based work.  Would love to get out of the hamster wheel

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance