Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Experiences around Study and Mental Health: What have you learnt?

Yes, that’s something I wonder about too @ENKELI 🌺💜

I do sometimes wonder if they would ever reach out for help to support all the hurts they’re carrying? Maybe I’m totally missing the mark, but I do tend to think that some peeps who damage others are following a pattern they have experienced? I don’t know.. sorry, I’m rambling! 🤭🤗🌺

Yeah, that’s so not on with regards to your old boss 😔❤️‍🩹

The boss’ husband really had a way about him, for sure. Not the kind of guy I’d want to spend more than 10 seconds around. It really explained to some degree why my boss was so upset sometimes - she would never tell me but sometimes I would just give her a little side hug with one arm..🙂💜

She also didn’t have a bad word to say to me when I had to get divorced, either; she just said I’m really sorry, when others were judging left and right ❤️‍🩹🌺

I wish I never had to leave, but I couldn’t see another way. 

Hey, I just wanted to say how sorry I am again that you felt deep sensitivity to the earlier discussions about study - I would like to kindly and gently let you know that the aim is to hold you up in this space, hear your feelings, and keep you safe amongst us - no matter what 💜🙂🌺🤗🦩

@tyme and I'm determined to let you support me successfully, which you will because you are awesome. 

And if I in some way help you in getting back in to study then it's going to be a grand year all around.

Seriously though, thanks for your kindness, your support and the reminders of where I am when I post things that can be triggers to others.

Sane is so lucky to have you as a Community Lead 💝💐

@Birdofparadise8 I think tyme is Queen to your Princess 👑🤗

I love that @ENKELI 

Why am I princess?

@Birdofparadise8 because I said you are. Lol!

You are a princess because you are kind, sweet and loving, like the Disney princesses. It's a term of endearment 😊

Unless you prefer I don't call you princess that is, no pressure.

No, that's sweet @ENKELI 

I love Aurora

More the name than anything. If I have a girl, I want to call her that. 

I hope that doesn't seem like a silly name. 

@Birdofparadise8 no, Blanket, Apple or Moxie are silly names. Aurora is a beautiful name.

How's the presentation going?

Yes they are. You know last year I had a massage and the persons name was apple. I couldn't tell if they were female or male. 

And at one of my schools, a girl was called Sunday as the day. 

Yes, very well now. 

I've done the, CASP Randomised Controlled Trial Standard Checklist (quality aprasile form), the Prisma Diagram, I've answered the objective, outcomes measured, limitations and findings. 

I need to finish off the background info and secondary research question and fix up my script. and then I'm done. ahhh, this has taken forever. 

@ENKELI 

And the conclusion @ENKELI 

There is a lot for a three minute presentation.

Hi Everyone,

I thought I might add my experiences of mh and study to this thread. Currently I am nearly half way through a health science degree and despite gaining much knowledge and enjoyment I do find it quite stressful at times. I've had a few admissions since I started but I'm managing to hang in so far.

A couple of years ago I was home recuperating from ankle surgery and being bored when I saw an online degree advertised...well the rest is history, so to speak. 

This degree has really stretched me at times but I do think it has helped increase my ability to be "present". I'm not good at prioritising my time actually I excel at procrastination and I often think I must have a severe form of adhd!!

It's encouraging to know there are others on here studying so lets be here for each other.

Hey re twisted brain

Look at the brain anyway right ? It is actually twisted and crinkly because of its evolved over the eons

Don't beat yourself up @ENKELI

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance