Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let's talk DID and dissociation

@Bellarose75 okay-ish, just watching random animes to pass the time

3 of the hosts children are anime mad, only one still lives at home so it's not to bad. When all three where here they would be arguing about which one to watch and as they got older and got their own screens they would sit in the lounge with ear phones watching they favourites. Which ones are your favourite? @Former-Member 

@Bellarose75
I (nico) really like When Marnie Was Here but the other alters have other favourites.

That is one I haven't heard of before. With our alters our viewing can range from Disney movies through crime shows both Fictitious and real. I am just glad they whole system hates horror. @Former-Member 

2 me thats a small blessing - I am able 2 distract us so easily if i want 2.

its not always 2 'my' benefit tho 😖

Hey guys, just stopped by to say goodnight. Hope you all can find a little peace tonight and get some decent sleep. I won't be around much for the next two days as I have MH appointments both days and they are exhausting. Be gentle with yourself, be kind to yourself and remember you are not alone. @Unlonely1 @Former-Member @Former-Member @Fluttershy1 @BraveOne 

Night @Bellarose75 

im not really directing this at anyone but happy if anyone has any ideas, input, experiences. Sometimes I don't remember emailing my therapist, or I do but don't remember the content. She responded to one I saw asking if it was a particular part and if it was to share more. I don't know how to respond. It feels so strange. I do have therapy tomorrow and worried she's going to ask about it but it makes me very anxious. 
Also, how do you get enough therapy. It's been 3-4 weeks since I last got to go but I can't afford to much. Even tomorrow will be a stretch. Makes it hard. I guess one more thing how do you know if the therapist knows what they're doing with DID? What are signs they don't?

sorry for all the questions

Night @Bellarose75

trying to be strong but it is a little bit hard. Got the littles running a muck.... 

thínkíng σf u ?
в gєntlє.

Hi @destructive , I know how unsettling that can be as it use to happen a lot for the host. It sounds like she may know enough about DID because of her response but google her and see what qualifications/experience she has. All you have to say is that it wasn't you who sent the email and don't know if the alter will talk to her or not. The hosts psychologist always reads back the information shared and asks if that alter would like to talk, we generally close our eyes  and if they don't reply in a few seconds (I give them 10 second) then I open our eyes and go "I guess not" and we move on. Do you have a mental health plan? Where I live that gives you 10 free sessions under Medicare and sometimes with a letter from your therapist they can extend that. 

Never apologised for asking questions.  Apart from getting support when we need it, most of us here are here to help where we can. 

I really hope you are sound asleep right now, I am not as one alter is a night owl and as soon as the medication is out of our system they wake up. Now a child alter is having us bake cookies, she started and gave up🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance