Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Place

Good job @Oaktree Inside and outside the house.

WTG!

Oh my gosh @Zoe7 

I love that song - From little things big things grow! 🎶🎼🎵🎹

Thanks for your sweet words.

It’s comforting to know that there are people out there that care. Thank you!

I love to watch things grow. I might not be the most successful gardener but I enjoy the process. 

Meggle

Thanks @Appleblossom 

Meggle

We certainly do not need to be successful at things to enjoy them @Oaktree Sometimes our biggest achievements are the learnings that come from not fully succeeding at something ...and if you enjoy the process along the way then that is doubly the need to celebrate.

Eve7
Community Guide

Thanks for posting this @Oaktree you have really made my day!

I must plant my peas…you have reminded me how much I love my garden.

tonys
Senior Contributor

Hi    @Oaktree.   Well,  how has your day been mate.       Looks like a few gardeners showed up. 

Piles of 

autumn leave's   scurrying from  eager rakes...    New-born seedlings squinting at the golden rays

of ,  mother sun..    Wrens in a tug of war with a worm...  The crisp  splash as a hose   cuts the dust

off a mossy edged winding  path,  shaded by the majestic wisdom of a time honoured gumtree..

Your at home in your garden,    with friends who love and respect you...

Is there any thing better..        Thanks for tagging me here..    Its peaceful .       tonys    m b  1   

G,nite all.   

What’s making Meggle happy today?

I hear you all asking!

Well my little seedlings are doing well, some have two true leaves. Others are just popping up. Still waiting on my carrots and chives to germinate.

Also I am going to the local library this morning to learn to play mahjong. I watched a video yesterday and the only thing holding me back is my inability to read the Chinese characters for 1-9. Hopefully today I will conquer that. I am happy to have a new fun challenge. 

Anyway Mahjong starts in half an hour.

Gotta run…

Meggle

@tonys @Eve7 @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @Dimity @LeChuck @Sophia1 

Ok so this is where I ran off to yesterday. 
I went and played Mahjong for the first time this morning at our local library. I met a lovely bunch of mainly older ladies. There was one gentleman. I sat at a table with a lady who promised to help me. I had watched a video on how to play yesterday. So I had a bit of an idea how to play. 

The Mahjong went so much better than I thought. I won the second game and got close to winning on several other games. Was just one tile away from winning.

There is a book that shows the different winning combinations so I have borrowed one of those from a kind lady and I will buy my own over the next fortnight. 

I had a happy time and it was nice to meet new people.

Oh HAPPY Day!

Meggle

tonys
Senior Contributor

Hey megs.   A fun day.   Kids all sharing and laughing in life's sand box .

Your something else mate...   Good on you @Oaktree ,   good on you. . .   tonys  mb 1

Guess what else @tonys 

I just looked at my seeds again and 3 of my garlic chives have germinated. I planted a whole packet so hopefully that means that a lot more will germinate in the coming days.

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance