Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

outlander
Community Guide

A day out...

Hi everyone
Im thinking after the upcoming school holidays i need a day out of the ordinary that i can do. 2 screaming kids over the 2 weeks is going to be extremely draining.
So any ideas would be great
Ladies- i had an idea of a pamper day but wouldnt know what to include any suggestions? @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Pepsimax @Owlunar @CheerBear @Phoenix_Rising @Former-Member @Mazarita @Former-Member @eth @Former-Member
56 REPLIES 56

Re: A day out...

Do you mean a day out for just yourself or for you and your sisters @outlander?

@Former-Member @utopia above msg

No just me @CheerBear

Ah ok 🙂 Sorry I have no idea what a day out without kids is like @outlander 😉

(Kidding)

(Sort of)

I would go for a drive and have lunch somewhere nice on my own I think. I'd do the beach but it's freeeeezing at the moment. Somewhere where there are heaps of trees and windows, and maybe even a fireplace inside. Like a county pub maybe.

I'll have a bit more of a think about it. I love the idea of you taking a nice day out to yourself 🙂

Haha me either @CheerBear unless its at an appointment lol
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good girl for thinking about time for you.I know with my mother it's difficult because of the guilt you feel it are made to feel.But you have realized you need it 👍.

All depends what is around you and what's on.I like the movies,find that relaxes me if it's a good one.Even if you go and get a trim or promise to buy yourself something nice.Even walking around shops or visiting a town nearby . Anything outlander you know will give you respite and let you escape the s***! Lol

What about something fun, creative and a bit different @outlander. If you hunt around you might be able to find something like a pottery workshop or a cooking class. Community centres are great places to check out, though that depends on where you live.

🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @outlander 💟

What do you enjoy doing the most?
Art or????

Perhaps an art lesson??

What about a massage?

Do you enjoy having your hair done?

Clothes shopping and lunch/coffee.

Hi @CheerBear and @Former-Member 💜👋

@outlander. I'd pick a day in the bush or forest. Listening to the sounds. Feeling the ground beneath me & the breeze or sun on my face.
Maybe you could go to the beach if it's close. Buy some fish and chips& afterwards, an icecream. Read a book or listen to music and watch the world go past.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance