Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Profile name & profile pic

Hi all,

what were your thoughts when you originally picked your profile name and picture?

I chose Flower, because I love meerkats and there was a show about meerkats "Meerkat Manor". Flower was the dominant female. Below is my original profile picture.

flower.jpg

Only this morning did I realise that this is what I was, the dominant female, the one always on high alert, the one always on the run, the one looking after all and everything...

After my last admission I changed my picture to a dying flower, not a meerkat:

flower.jpg

I'll change it back to a meerkat now, but a baby meerkat that is growing and is being protected, because that is how I feel now. I need support and safety to heal.

How did you chose? Did your meaning change over time?

1 REPLY 1
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Profile name & profile pic

Hello @Former-Member.

I suppose what I was thinking when I first chose a profile picture was ummm . . . I don't know which one. I think I picked the little dog picture that comes with the site. I changed it to an inch-worm, mainly because of conversations I was having on here and how I feel like an inch worm creeping along inch by inch. I wanted to change it to 2  monkeys hugging, but there was a glitch and I wasn't able (I wanted that one to sort of comfort people when they saw ot). So for a little while it was a distorted light photo of mine, because I could get that one in, it was bright and I think bright is happy. Then I changed it to the beautiful 'N' that it is now, because one of the Forum users drew it for me and I was felt so good about that.

I think I saw that show about Flower and the meerkats. I like them too. I choose my name by just totally making it up as I had someone 'following' me on many other chat sites. And my own real name is very common and boring and I like pretty different ones. So my name doesn't mean anything to me, except being nicer, but my picture has evolved. I think it has a lot to do with being individual too.

You've come to the right place for suppoet and safety.

I wish you positive healing 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance