Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

That's ok @Steven78 , at least you gave it a go and came for a visit. What are some things you are interested in that we can direct you to?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

tyme

That's ok , not much point writing about myself when I have no one to talk to . Defeats the purpose really. Just a very isolating experience.

Hi @Steven78 ,

Do you mean to talk to face to face? Because we are certainly people who are ready to talk and listen. It is just on a different medium.

Are you ready to give us a go?

What are some things you are interested in?

tyme

Hey @Captain24 ! Glad to hear you are out of iso! Woohoo!

Hi @Shaz51 ,

Is it the regular cappuccino?

tyme

@tonys ,

Are you talking about this post? https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/beginer-on-a-computor/m-p/1196961#M297362

It has been posted.

It is good @tyme . The walk in the park was really good and having human company for dinner was good too. It held my dark mood off for a few extra hrs. 

A double cappuccino please @tyme 😁😊

Here's your double cap @Shaz51 !

Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 7.49.12 pm.png

Hey @Captain24 ,

Have a watch of this 2 min clip in relation to thoughts. I find this analogy very helpful. I found the book, The Happiness Trap, by this psychologist Dr Russ Harris, very helpful in my recovery.

https://youtu.be/tzUoXJVI0wo

Let me know what you think.

tyme

The Sushi Train metaphor offers a great tool for unhooking from difficult or unhelpful thoughts Russ Harris, a leading author, trainer and pioneer of ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy), explains the Sushi Train metaphor through this entertaining and educational clip. To learn more about Russ's
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance