Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

I fall into the 'obese' category under the BMI model. @Captain24 

However, according to my dietician, the BMI is NOT an accurate way to tell you whether you are healthy or not because people can have a standard BMI but be terribly unhealthy.

Hence, my dietician said it is about body composition e.g. muscle, fat etc. Also taking into consideration how active you are. 

He said people of ALL shapes and sizes can be classified as healthy. 

Unfortunately, drs still use BMI because it is cheap and easy to use, non-intrusive etc. Whereas testing body composition requires digital imaging etc.

@tonys wrote:

@NatureLover is that what that bloody thing was that chewed big holes in my rain coat,  a goat,  yes i do have goats

Haha @tonys !

And a giant rabbit! 

I'm glad the calf is OK. 

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well @Captain24 .  In the last weeks I had such a good lot of exercise that this week my personal trainer told me to have a deload week, so plenty of rest and just easy exercise this week, so my body can catch up with the great work I've done.  So far I've managed to not get any covid at all, I've had all 4 shots so I won't get seriously ill if I do get it, and I think that because I exercise and am quite fit, I'm less likely to get very ill from it, but I'm still only going out to see people a couple of times a week at most.

Thank you @Abner. It’s still only mild just mainly tired and achy. 

I have a friend who looks quite fat but is actually very fit.  I have another friend who's quite thin and has found out he's very unhealthy.  It's also about diet, I know that Bill Clinton used to work out very regularly but because he ate a lot of takeaway food he was very unhealthy.

@Abner  i always thought that flushed look bill had was a monica thing. turns out its to many twinkies... jokes aside,  just a quick thanks..  i found a message on my old mobile from last month with hints on using my computor.   i tend to miss things and find them later. thanks again. happy days.  tonys

It was probably a bit of both, but apparently he also loved his hamburgers too much.

hello @NatureLover@Captain24@tonys@Bow , @Abner ,  @tyme 

OIP.jpg

@Eyad@Ellen777  @Ladybyrd  @Lulu7@Marie8@Capricorn84@imalittleteapot@WhiteRoseDurga@Lochie07@777@monsie@Zowie@Qoup@Delicatessen@ssarzen@toodles@Scream58@Patchworks@nowheretohaunt@Crabito@ocean@Guanyin@MLE@Jimbo2@Seachickens@Dudley@Gee@Mo72@MamaNay@Tara22@Backspin@LittleEvie@Teddy95@Anonymoose@Ali23@Nancymiller@angeleyes@Bear21@NL1979@justcoz 

193733559_2056692757836841_4427498390677416262_n.jpg

afternoon-tea-intro.jpg

poster.jpg

love to hear from you all

and letting you know that you are not alone my friends 

hello @Jan2@ink 

would you like a cuppa and a chat xxx

@tyme 

OIP.jpg

coffee.png

Hey @Shaz51  hope you are travelling ok

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance