Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

aja675
Contributor

How do I get to the point of, "So it's true. Now what?"

'Cause sometimes when a fear is actually true, I've sometimes gotten to the point of acceptance. This time, I couldn't exactly do that, but I wish I could.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How do I get to the point of, "So it's true. Now what?"

Hi there @aja675. I notice you are new to the forums, so I thought I'd extend a warm welcome to you. In regards to your question, for me acceptance takes time. Obviously, with some things (even big things), I am still working on to this day and am still to reach the acceptance phase. With other things, acceptance came easily. My best advice is to give yourself time. Is this acceptance of a mental health situation? If so, sometimes a good counsellor or psychologist can help you reach acceptance.

Having said all that, just because you accept a situation, doesn't mean you necessarily like it. 

I'm talking about an anxiety-induced fear.

bump

I notice that this link is to an OCD forum. So are your anxiety induced fears producing OCD type behaviours? Is that what kind of fears you are talking about @aja675?

Yup. In my case, the problem here is not that said fear may or may not be true, but that I care too much.

It can be a vicious circle @aja675. The fear may be true and that produces anxiety, which in turn fuels the fear... am I right on this one? I don't have OCD, but this certainly applies to me.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance