Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Here if you wanna chat @Captain24  sorry it’s such a rough day 😞

Hi @Captain24 

Sorry to hear you're struggling today. I feel that there are days where we feel awful for no good reason and just have to ride it out. Take one hour at a time. Don't think too far ahead and remember this will pass. 

Many hugs to you

Hanami

Hey there @Captain24, I'm so sorry that today is a hard one. 

Firstly, I just wanted to pop in and say that your diamond painting is beautiful. The care and mindfulness it must take is astounding. The conversation that followed about self-compassion was beautiful.

Sitting here with you today,

TuxedoCat ❤️ 

Thank you @TuxedoCat @hanami @Bow @FloatingFeather 

I have had a nap and feel a little better fat the moment. I will keep on pushing on. I feel ok to sit through it now. 

Thank you all for your thoughts, support and kind words. 

@TuxedoCat More diamond art should arrive Wednesday! I think I need it for to help me get through. 

@Bow One more sleep! I’m so excited for you and your daughter. Hope you have an absolutely fabulous time! 

Captain24

Good to hear @Captain24 

Diamond art is very good for keeping you busy!

I used to work with someone who lived by diamond art to get her through the bad days.

hugs

Hanami

@Captain24 I'm really glad that taking a moment to rest was helpful. And I'm glad you're feeling a little better ❤️ 

And ALSO, that an activity like diamond painting is so helpful in getting you through is so special. I'm really glad you've found it as a coping strategy. I have the same thing with knitting (especially when I'm waiting for a new delivery of yarn!)

What are you getting up to this afternoon? 

Just finished taking the dog for a walk @TuxedoCat . I need to find something for the rest of the afternoon. Can’t even do housework as that’s already done.

My nan use to knit bug when she married her husband she stopped so I never learnt. 

@hanami  The diamond art has been amazing therapy. 

Hey @Captain24,

Sorry to hear that you’re going through a tough time. I am also working through my depression and anxiety and when I read your post, could totally relate to the negative voices which can be so deafening at times.

I too also pushed a lot of my friends away to the point I only really talk to one of my friends that I feel comfortable sharing my thoughts with. I will say to you, that you are not alone and you are definitely not different for having these negative voices in your head.

I also battle daily with these voices in my head, which can sometimes lead to feelings of worthlessness and despair, but what I will say is that you are a strong person for voicing it out and fighting everyday. I know how tiring it feels, but the fact in the midst of that you are fighting shows you have a very strong will within.

In the early stages of my recovery it felt like it’s a 1 step forward, 2 steps back scenario which in itself can be very demoralizing and it’s still something I’m having to remind myself of that it’s a long process, one step at a time.

I was so afraid to seek help, because I thought I was weak, but it was the best decision I made. I spoke to my therapist and although I was skeptical, I felt a lot better talking and working through my feelings. It’s be great to have them as a voice of reason and reminds me to not be too hard on myself and to appreciate the small wins I’m working very hard on.

I’m constantly being reminded that it isn’t a sprint, but it’s a marathon and I’d go through periods where I would overwork myself trying to “fix” myself and getting burnt out and reverting to old ways.

What I’ve found helpful for me is to take small steps, piece by piece rather than trying to do a million things to help me. Small goals and ticking them off day by day, one small goal at a time really helped me. I also have now gotten to the point where I’m ok if I have days where I take a break from it all, I’m not a machine that can keep working non stop.

I found doing too many things would often lead to me not being able to complete them all and going back into that negative hell hole my mind becomes. Saying things to myself like “you didn’t finish all your tasks, it’s just a basic thing and you didn’t do it”

Having support for me also is really important, I used to think I could manage it all on my own, but I soon realized I need help and to be honest I have no shame in seeking help anymore. 

You’ll get through this! We all will 🙂 

Cheers

@Captain24 I hope the rest of the afternoon goes well for you ❤️

Hi @Domo87 

Some wonderful words of advice there! Thank you so much for your wise words

Warmest regards

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance