Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

Overwhelmed re:money

Hi, got the electricity bill. How is it possible to have used 20% less than same time last year but charge $500 more. The car needs about $1000, telephone bill, water bill, etc. Basically, we need $3000 some time this week, next week and combined we have about $2000 and that's with if we don't eat, go anywhere, etc. I've been begging mum to sell the house for about three years now, but she refuses and I have been trying my best to keep things going and not let her worry, but I just can't do it anymore. Nothing sends me over the edge like money issues. Poverty is exhausting. And if it's not enough, mum nags me about what we are going to do.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Overwhelmed re:money

Breathe!
Breathe!
Breathe!

Done.

@Former-Member Don't worry about it, just delete the whole thread. It's fine. I feel ok...recovered. Just freaked out for a moment.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh, @Lemonjuice I feel for you. I know that terrible feeling too. I guess you'd know you can get delayed payments from your electricity provider. That can help spread out the need for money right now. Also, there are places like Salvos, Lifeline, St Vinnies, and others in various states that can help with finances and getting you back on your feet. 

Perhaps talking with someone on the phone might help you find a way to get yourself out of your mother's house? Im not sure if that is a possible option for you though. 

Breathe ... you're doing okay. Heart

@Lemonjuice no need to delete the whole thread, but we can if you want us to - just let us know. You can email us at team@saneforums.org or tag us here. Glad you're feeling better.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance